The Ghost is Back

Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Great set. The b&w conversion really suits and the subtlety of the 'ghost' is just about right.

Steve

Fantastic atmosphere in both of those and the processing really works to bring out the detail in the brickwork.
I found myself having to really hunt for the ghost in the first one though . . . I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing (these ghosts do tend to be quite shy ;) ) but if I'd not read the title I'm not sure that I would have noticed it.
I'm wondering whether just toning down the processing a touch so it's a little less contrasty and sharp might emphasise it a bit more.

Second one is perfect for me though.

Thanks Steve.

Sarah, i agree it is a little hard to spot the one in the wall, i think they need to be posted together so you know what your looking for. I upped the contrast to try and bring it out more, maybe i should have gone the other way. Ill have another look.
Maybe i need to stand there a little longer?

I upped the contrast to try and bring it out more, maybe i should have gone the other way. Ill have another look.

I'd be interested to see how that works out.
I don't dislike the subtlety of what you have. In fact it works very well if, as you said, you're viewing it in the context of knowing to look for 'the ghost'.
Would be nice to see another edit side by side to compare though.

Maybe i need to stand there a little longer?

Well there's always next time - and that sounds like a good excuse to play with a few more of these :D
I definitely enjoy looking at them.

the "ghost" looks a bit too modern for me. Jeans and hoodie. Might have been better going for a monk outfit or something.

Sarah, i tried an edit but this is the best i can get, unless its in colour but that takes away the whole effect. The larger its viewed the easier it is to spot. I guess the eye is drawn to the centre of an image the larger it is.

I will give it another go, its bloody tiring having to run about from one side of the camera to the other. I need to find a willing model.
Hers another from that night, again i wasn't sure if you could see enough. Its hard to get the time right.

Sorrow of the Ghost
by TS446Photo, on Flickr

Pandaboy, i think people have died in more modern times ;-) and i didn't happen to have my monk outfit with me at the time.
It wasn't a staged shoot or anything, it was finding a little bit of spare time while i happened to be passing the location.

Last edited:
Back