The Grand Canyon

Edit My Images
Yes
Great set- supremely interesting perspectives, forms, shades, and colours.

Good pictures. Particularly like the pano.
I've been to the Canyon several times and agree; due to its scale it's difficult to get the 'right' picture that shows its size.

I too have been to tge GC, and I also agree its almost impossible to convey the scale in a picture. You've given it a damn good crack though!

I've never been a fan of seeing the GC in bw. Even in the crappiest of conditions, the colours are part of the splendour.

Nice pics, holiday or photo trip? They look like they were taken from the air?

I too have been to tge GC, and I also agree its almost impossible to convey the scale in a picture. You've given it a damn good crack though!

I've never been a fan of seeing the GC in bw. Even in the crappiest of conditions, the colours are part of the splendour.

3 pictures stitched together and it still doesn't come close to showing how vast it is.

I agree about the colours Ruth, but i love the range of tones you get from the layers of rock and the strong shadows you see in B&W. And when you took as many pictures as i did you need to try and mix it up a little.

Nice pics, holiday or photo trip? They look like they were taken from the air?

Was a holiday Mike, a great one at that. As great as it would look from the air i never had a chance to take a helicopter or plane over there, these were all from the rim of the Canyon.

Like these. I'd recommend lifting one by .5ev. Just seems a tad dark though

Thanks Steve, you may be right, i did take the brightness down a little to bring out that stunning colour in the sky. Maybe it needs putting back up a little.

Back