Beginner The Hand of Time

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I was having a play with my camera last night trying some low light/handheld stuff, and quite liked this one (the background is rubbish, i know) - the watch I inherited after someone died. Feedback welcome:

The Hand of Time...

I quite like the idea. But the background is so out of place. I'm sure a re-shoot with something else hanging out of focus in there would be better. You can use things like material, paper, card, something not including a corner of a radiator.

Nice concept, but as you've noted the background is very weak. And quite frankly, it's a subject ideal for using a tripod rather than hand-holding.

What are your plans for improving on this? A desk lamp (or two) could make a huge difference if used carefully - dramatising the light and dropping out the background to black.

I like the idea, and yes the background is a bit plain, but maybe you could use this to your advantage? I think this image would look really good in black and white, the textures in the hand would suit it. If you did convert to black and white the background probably wouldn't be a problem if you made it bright white.

Back