The honeys have arrived...

Edit My Images
No
click for larger view

The Sedum flowers and the Honeys come :)

2014-3881.jpg

2014-3906.jpg

2014-3911.jpg

2014-3934.jpg

2014-4005.jpg

2014-4036.jpg

2014-4037.jpg

Fantastic set, cant really fault them but No 2 is my fav (y)(y)(y)

Thanks again Paul, Graham :)

Lovely set Ian... Only crit is #3 the dof is too short or needed a stack as eyes fall oof.

But what a close up and you had a very willing bee was it resting?

Lighting I believe is the making or end of a macro shot. You have got it to perfection. Brilliant set.

Thanks Rob / Bryn.

Bryn, #3 was a qick fire shot as the bee would not keep still hehe. A stack would have been impossible. To be honest mate, you'll be very lucky to find a stack off me as I don't have the patience for them lol. Perhaps if I ever move towards the MPE-65 then you'll definitely find stacks ;).

Lighting I believe is the making or end of a macro shot. You have got it to perfection. Brilliant set.

Thank you Shane, very kind and valid words. It took quite a while to get the lighting to this point but practice and learning helped. There's still a lot of room for improvement but all in all, I'm presently very content;)

Ian
Nice set.
I find the sedum a great place to shoot them too as even though they are still moving a lot the hang around more and dont go inside like other flowers.

Another fantastic set, the backgrounds all look stunning but I think you could tame some of the reflective highlights a bit more on the subjects.

Cheers Timmy. You're right. Need to work on reducing the highlights a touch. I don't want to completely remove them as I find some macros can look a little lifeless when there's no highlight but I will agree they are a touch too hot in these. Need to make sure I don't compromise the background light though as I have that right where I want it. :)

Cheers Timmy. You're right. Need to work on reducing the highlights a touch. I don't want to completely remove them as I find some macros can look a little lifeless when there's no highlight but I will agree they are a touch too hot in these. Need to make sure I don't compromise the background light though as I have that right where I want it. :)
Yeah I completely agree, you don't want to lose them altogether, and I'm not sure you would be able to fix this easily in camera without impacting those nice backgrounds too much. Just needs a bit of time in post unfortunately, but I reckon it will be worth it.

Thanks again all :)

Back