The Hoppings

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Really like these, every time the fair comes to here I say I want to get some shots like this but always miss it. 1imo could have done with a slightly wider frame but still a dramitic shot :)

Yes agree like them all very much also say 3 and 4 the best.Would be good to have had people in them but I guess thats down to thee long exposure blurring them away or nearly away___Gaz

Hi Alan, Great set I like them all very much. Thanks for showing them.

Superbowl for me Alan, looks like one of those old spinning tops. Great exposures and patience to get the right amount of blur.

Thanks very much for the great feedback. Very much appreciated.

I agree that the wheel in #1 id very close to the top of the frame. I'm useless at photoshop, but if I can work out to add to the canvas, I can give it more room, and also perhaps then correct the verticals slightly

All great shots and I particularly like the one with the helter skelter in it. Can't put my finger on it but there's just something about the way the helter skelter is lit that appeals to me.

Excellent set ... May I ask the average exposure times?

Was gonna ask the same thing as I was wondering with number 2 you can't really see the ride coming to a hault at all but the wheel is also the same. Love all the photos :)

Wouldn't trust taking my camera over to my local fair mind! But I live in Dagneham in Essex so hey

Thanks for additional feedback.

As to exposures. I wanted to keep everything simple, so I set shutter speed to 30 secs and aperture to f8. Did a test in TAv mode, which I think was a couple of stops under exposed. So made the exposure compensation adjustment. Then just shot away in TAv, letting the ISO float

Back