Critique The lakes - a longer view

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I was in the Lake District on monday just gone and decided to have a day taking photos with just a 70-200 F4L.
I usually use a wide angle but wanted to get a different take on things for a change.
All taken around Buttermere lake. Feedback welcome!

1 - Buttermere Trees - I liked the compressed perspective in this, bringing the hill in the background with the streams close to the trees.

2 - Morning Stroll - These 2 walked past us and gave us a cheery hello then wandered off. They looked tiny against Fleetwith Pike (the hill in the background) and the shallow DOF seperates them nicely i think.

3 - Buttermere Bridge - Not sure what prompted me to take this, I just liked the symmetry and the fallen tree in the background.

4 - Feed the lake! - One of the small streams running down into Buttermere lake. I got low down with the camera on the tripod for this one shooting back up the stream.

5 - Feeding the lake. Another view up the stream from a bit higher up.

6 - Sheep with the Fish Inn in the background.

7 - Sheep with a Lovely country house nestled in the hill overlooking the lake.

Thanks for looking.

Nick

I like them all, but the light is just a bit flat mate.
The compositions are good, nothing wrong technically, just poor light leaving little contrast.
Well done for the 70-200mm challenge, you've done well with it.

Don't call it Buttermere Lake though, the locals will have a fit! Poppy's Gran took great pleasure in educating me when I called it a lake lol.
The only lake in the Lake District is Bassenthwaite. The rest are mainly Waters or Meres.

1&2 for me. I'm liking the perspective a lot. It makes a change from the 'wide angle get some rocks in the foreground' cliché.

Back