Critique The Last Bolt

Hi

You may have not noticed but there has been a few small storms around the country. So i nipped out and got this.

This was the last bolt of a storm off the Dungeness coast before it weakened.

The Last Bolt by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

Comments welcome

Mike
That's a beaut Mike, one of the best I've seen on here so far. Reflection on the watery sand is the icing on the cake. Not over keen on the border though, sorry

Brilliant shot... Maybe title should be the lasting bolt.

Just an idea looks more lasting than the last to me.

Love that mike, border looks nice in TP as it gives that effect its hanging on a wall, though on a print itself, wouldnt be a good idea and I guess you've done the border, purposely for online display so it shows what it could look like.

Thats a great photo. I wonder what the view would have been from that ship in the distance! :) Love the composition too. How you've managed to get a good composition, I guess you waited and hoped a bolt would strike somewhere within your framing. Nice patience and it paid off

Stunning shot, the reflection gives it added appeal. Regarding the border.....I like it, adds to the presentation in this instance.

Hi Mike, One word "Excellent".(y)

That is outstanding :). I have seen a mass of lightning pics over the last few days but none as crisp and clear as this. As has been said before. The composition is superb and to have the reflection as well is a winner :)

Shame you could not have framed it so the bolt looked like it was hitting one of the posts :p just joking :D

That is cracker of a shot imvho, if it were mine I think it would be on my wall :clap::clap:

Back