The MOB

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Normally stick to Macro stuff but as I bought the Sigma 150-500mm a week ago thought better take it out for a test run.

Least to say I was after the last of the Damsels and Dragonflies but saw none until I packed away the camera dohhhhh...

All ambient lit and shot handheld OS set to 1

IMG_4555
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4560
by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. Duck Face :)mooning:)

IMG_4573
by bthomas124, on Flickr

4. Evil eyes...

IMG_4578
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4582
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4586
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_4587
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

For a test it looks a fantastic lens. So sharp! I cant comment on the birdie pics themselves as Im not a bird photographer, the only thing <i can> spot wrong is in the first image with the swan, the whites are blown but thats just a minor PP niggle easily sorted - looks like that lens was well worth the cash though! 500mm wowzer. Shove your TC on there and it'll be a 700mm :p

I usually shoot at ( if possible) f8 @ 1/500th sec, the lens seems to be sharpest at f8

I like No6, well exposed and sharp, the majority of the others are over exposed

on a crop sensor camera you're shooting at the equivalent of 750m so a fast shutter is a must :snaphappy: or use a monopod with the OS turned off for slower shutter speeds

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bryn
Some good advice above! As Les says #6 is a very good shot, and I also think #2 is OK too. You have chosen some difficult subjects for a first outing with your new lens - those coots and swans have brilliant white areas compared with most of the macro stuff you are used to I guess; you may need to do some localised pp work to correct those blown highlights on birds with such high contrast.

Russ

Back