The mountain people

Name
Mike Nguyen
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shots to share with you from the northern mountainous regions of Vietnam:

A local H'mong girl with her charming smile. She's carrying some flower she'd just cut from the hillside. This flower will then be used to make a local cake:

Daddy_148.jpg

Around her, others are starting a new rice crop, with buffalos to be amongst the main workforce

trieuson.jpg

Last edited:
The mountain market...where once a week the tribal people bring along their domestic animals, produces, etc for sale:

Daddy_158.jpg

The beautiful landscape of river & blue mountains...

Daddy_162.jpg
Daddy_164.

The local lady working on her crop...
Daddy_165.jpg

Grand babies follow grandmom to the rice field...

MML_37.jpg

A tribal woman carrying her child looking to the far mountains...

MML_68.jpg

And the terraced rice field when it comes to the harvest season...

MML_43.jpg

The little village far away on the mountain top...

MML_44.jpg

Last edited:
Love the terraces too.
Fascinating set of images, a set to tell a story

Many tribal people here are still in their traditional colorful costumes...

MML_46.jpg

Daddy_164.jpg

And this lucky shot was when I went to a tribal wedding, the girl was quiet during her "home coming" ceremony.

MML_69.jpg

Last edited:
Must have been an extraordinary experience to travel through such a beautiful country, the set shows the landscape and people beautifully. Excellent work.

Nice. Like all of them. Looks like a place for so many opportunities to get great shots.

The terraces are brilliant.

Thank you Minnnt, if the terraced rice fields are what you're looking for, then come either in May or Sept:

The picture right below was taken in May, when the rice planting season begins. This is the only time people living in the mountains of North Vietnam could take advantage of the rainy season to grow rice:

MML_48.jpg

This one was taken in September, when the hearvesting season begins:
MML_49.jpg

A closer look at how people really grow their food:
MML_3_2.jpg

And the beautiful curves...
MML_3_3.jpg
MML_6_2.

Last edited:
Shows the culture and way of life beautifully, I do like it.(y)

Wow a travel catalogue, masquerading and a set of portraits! Marvellous set.

Great set. One thing stood out a little though: it looks as though the white balance is just a bit off in a fair few, but not in a consistent fashion. Sometimes the skin has a greenish cast, sometimes pink, sometimes there's too much blue in the scene and sometimes too much orange. Or is it just me?

Great set. One thing stood out a little though: it looks as though the white balance is just a bit off in a fair few, but not in a consistent fashion. Sometimes the skin has a greenish cast, sometimes pink, sometimes there's too much blue in the scene and sometimes too much orange. Or is it just me?

You're right, I just change from one photo to the other and see how things work. Thank you for your comment.

Lovely set of beautiful images that help us to see other cultures, thank you for posting these :)

Back