The Normals @ The Ash Tree

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

I had the opportunity to get the camera out at a friend's gig on Saturday night, although I had to fight quite heavily with poor light (had a flashgun attached, but a low ceiling and odd ambient light) and a vivacious and heavy crowd.

As the venue wasn't the best for taking pictures, I wasn't too happy with the raw results. However, here are a few of the post processed pics for your perusal.

I know some of the ideas used are pretty hackneyed, but they felt right for each image at the time.

Jim

Jim.jpg

Rob

Rob.jpg

Barry

Barry.jpg

C&C welcome.

The outlines of the people in the first 2 are a bit obvious, I guess from the processing. Not really sure how you can get round that though, have you tried feathering your selections?

The outlines of the people in the first 2 are a bit obvious, I guess from the processing. Not really sure how you can get round that though, have you tried feathering your selections?

Yeah, I'm aware of this - particularly around the fret board of the guitar in the first one. I think the outline in the second one is made more obvious by the later processing with a radial blur which has produced a glow around the hairline.

All said and done, I know I need to improve my technique when it comes to seperating background from subject in post processing, and it's definitely something I'm going to spend some time on.

Back