"The Northern Belle" Pullman

Edit My Images
No
"The Northern Belle", 20/07/23.
The Manchester/Edinburgh and return pullman service is seen here at Garforth station where as you can see work has already started removing the listed Victorian footbridge.
It will eventually be moved to the The Bredgar and Wormshill Light Railway which is a narrow guage hobby line in Kent.
Access to platform 1 is by the temporary structure in the background.

Last edited:
Thanks John, glad you like it.

Incidentally the footbridge has now been removed.

Do you prefer the bridge to be there ? It is a bit rusty and you'd get a 'cleaner' shot with it gone. Some would say they like the bridge, others would prefer it not being there...which it isn't now... :) I put a sheet of paper over it and it is cleaner. The eye goes to it before the loco so I think I'd prefer it not being there.

It is a historic piece of railway history so I'm glad it's been saved and I thought it made a nice frame for the loco.

Here's one from the other direction.

"The Lune Rivers Trust", 26/09/20.
Yes..that does look nice. What a pity they got rid of it, then .Why not renovate it ? To save money ? I hope not. Maybe it wasn't as safe as it should be after an inspection.

Yes..that does look nice. What a pity they got rid of it, then .Why not renovate it ? To save money ? I hope not. Maybe it wasn't as safe as it should be after an inspection.
The main problem with it was it didn't have wheelchair access whereas the proposed new bridge will have lifts, that and the line from Leeds to York is being electrified

and it didn't give enough room for the overhead wires.

Back