The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Last edited:
The x10 is still a very capable little camera I still have mine, but I have added an X20. Might get an X30 next year when the price becomes more attractive.

The problem with the range is that it is moorish.

Been to the smoke today - walked over 10km, the plan was to go up the Shard ( which we did but it was pointless ). The crowds at the Tower were mad..

The weather wasn't so kind...

poppies at the tower
by damianmkv, on Flickr

I know - like some techno God :D

You're just jealous because you sold up ( twice..oh and the x20. Three times ) :)

Just a few from my recent trip to St-Malo taken with an XQ1

These are just holiday snaps so not the best photographically but I'm still in love with the look of the images from the XQ1, and the performance is super quick too - it even handled the dark aquarium really well for AF and IQ. Perfect travel camera for me!

Last edited:
Could someone with an X10 please help.

I always thought when set to RAW & JPEG fine the camera would record 2 images (1 raw & 1jpeg) to be viewed in playback mode. My X10, although set to record both, only appears to record RAW, at least that's all that's available in playback mode. When I upload the files to Lightroom only the RAW files show, although the gridview thumbnails says it is both a RAW & JPEG file. If I open the file in windows viewer it sees both RAW & JPEG's.

I'm sure its me doing something stupid but I cant think what.

Any ideas?

Brilliant thanks.

I have to assume the latest Lightroom update has changed the setting. It always did show both and I've changed nothing.

Next time you're passing I'll buy you a pint.

Regards
Neil.

I'm being left behind! You lot have all got x20's and even 30's and here's me still with an aging X10:) Suppose I should sell a few cameras ........ I still love my little X10....

I am still using my X10 and I took it out with me this morning, I still love the camera as much as I did the first day I got it :)

I am still using my X10 and I took it out with me this morning, I still love the camera as much as I did the first day I got it :)
Nice one John! You don't stop lovin' a baby when a new one comes along :)

A sad day, I just sent my X30 back. Been thinking about it for a while, lovely camera, great EVF but the same basic image quality as my X20, and I couldn't help thinking I'd spent a too much money on chrome and an evf. I still have a couple of feet in the Fuji camp though with my X-T1 and XF1
Anyway, i have decided to invest the refund ( and more) in Olympus M43 stuff.
This gas is never going to go no matter how many antacids I photograph.....

What is the real world difference between the XF1 and the XQ1? The XF is great value but how much better is the XQ?

The XQ1 has the x20 sensor and processor Simon. So quicker focus etc. Also adds a better resolution screen and wi-fi.

Jai, you may notice a slight difference in IQ but it isn't worlds apart. It ceases with the AA filter so images will probably be sharper and it has a lot wider aperture at the long end. The x10/20/30 is a very nice camera, the VF makes it a lot more natural kind of camera to use, but it's quite a lot bigger so is no longer a 'take anywhere' camera. Or at least it wasn't for me. Pretty sure you'll love it though! :D

Lovely morning here in Warwickshire, it was even nice when I walked into Northamptonshire:)

Here's a couple from my aged and outdated X10!

Click for larger ones [phnarr phnarr :)]

Ducks on the cut. by Farmejim, on Flickr

Tom n Holly by Farmejim, on Flickr

I like both of these shots Jim very much the second one is right on the money with beautiful lighting and good B&W PP work. Thanks for showing them.(y)

George.

Back