The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

I am still using my X10 and I took it out with me this morning, I still love the camera as much as I did the first day I got it :)

Even though I have an X-E2, I still love the X10 too !.. took at to London a few months back, the E2 would have been too much with a few other lenses, the fast tele end is so useful :). High iso isn't in the same league as E2, but in good light out doors its great :)

Even though I have an X-E2, I still love the X10 too !.. took at to London a few months back, the E2 would have been too much with a few other lenses, the fast tele end is so useful :). High iso isn't in the same league as E2, but in good light out doors its great :)

I normally leave mine on ISO 100 with a wide aperture for the best photo quality I can get, as high ISO can tend to get a little grainy.

So there is no dedicated unit other than using a Phone?
No, you should be able to use any eBay remote with the current Fujiflim connector which is the standard Micro USB. I'm waiting for a cable to arrive which should let me use everything in the 'remote' collection.

I think my XF1 is sick :(

Since the last couple of days the images are all coming out overexposed and washed out. When shooting close to the subject the images are have either a green or magenta tinge to them.

I have taken out the battery and switched on and off and even left it a considerable amount of time before next shot but still having the issues.

Anyone experience these issues? I purchased the camera from Currys in June. What options do I have to get this fixed.

take it back..they'll send it off for investigation. Might as well as its under warranty.

I think my XF1 is sick :(

Since the last couple of days the images are all coming out overexposed and washed out. When shooting close to the subject the images are have either a green or magenta tinge to them.

I have taken out the battery and switched on and off and even left it a considerable amount of time before next shot but still having the issues.

Anyone experience these issues? I purchased the camera from Currys in June. What options do I have to get this fixed.
This is what mine did. Disappointing to find it's not uncommon - it seems Fuji have quality control issues!

First call is take it back to Currys and try and get a refund/exchange for another new one.
If they want to send it off for repair, you can do this yourself direct with Fuji if you prefer.

STFU.... :D

All sorted then?
Nope, they confirmed receipt a week ago but no update since then.
I suspect it's a processor issue, so it's probably FUBAR and will need a whole new circuit board. Will see what Fuji have to say.
Although if this is a common problem, I'm more inclined than ever to offload it in favour of an LX100.
I'd be worried selling to someone else if it's outside warranty though - might just have to hang on to it as a backup/pocket camera and hope it doesn't break again anytime soon.

Grr.

In all honesty Jim, i prefered the files from my XF1's than those from my X20. The EXR sensor was pretty awesome! If it had the focus speed of the newer X-Trans it would be a winner.
Agreed David, if only I could get good results from RAW x10 shots, I mean to say I can but it takes me so long to tweak them that I don't bother. I can get better RAW results from the newer XF1, does that make sense?

I like both of these shots Jim very much the second one is right on the money with beautiful lighting and good B&W PP work. Thanks for showing them.(y)
George.

Thanks George, there was very strong early morning sunlight, I think shooting RAW would have made it easier to get the PP looking better.

Last edited:
That,s a really lovely shot Damian, good composition and lovely autumn colours plus some excellent lighting.(y)

George.

thanks George - capturing mist and light rays is damn tricky I've discovered

thanks George - capturing mist and light rays is damn tricky I've discovered

Yeah, but when they all come together they sure can produce some excellent shots.

George.

My special edition green XF1 has developed an overexposure fault so now sent off back to its Creator - Fuji for a bit of TLC

Blimey, they're all breaking now. No wonder Fuji replaced it with the XQ1 so quickly.

I'm deeply unimpressed though. It 's not the first Fuji model to have construction issues - are they the new Tamron?

Update on my repair;

Your camera is in our workshop and we are awaiting delivery of the required parts.
Upon arrival of the parts your camera will be repaired and returned to you as a matter of urgency. Please accept our apologies for the delay.

Looks like there's been a run on parts...

My special edition green XF1 has developed an overexposure fault so now sent off back to its Creator - Fuji for a bit of TLC

My XF1 has the same issue. I purchased mine from Currys online in June and got it delivered to my local store. I emailed Currys about the fault during the week but have not heard back since!

Did you raise it with Fuji before sending it back? Are you reimbursed the cost of sending it back to them? How long is it likely to take to get it back fixed and is it all done free under warranty?

Sorry for the Qs. I just want my daily P&S back working as it should.

Back