The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Contact Fuji camera repair shop online. They then send a box to send it back to them. All free of charge. No idea how long it will take to fix it

You have to fill in an online form first to get a returns form which you print and put in the box.
They don't pay postage.
If it's less than 12months old it will be under warranty and so free to repair.

Mine's been with them for 2 weeks. They're waiting for parts.

I have sent 2 faulty items to Fuji in the last 3 months and it didn't cost me a penny. I will find the link when back at home

My XF1 has the same issue. I purchased mine from Currys online in June and got it delivered to my local store. I emailed Currys about the fault during the week but have not heard back since!

Did you raise it with Fuji before sending it back? Are you reimbursed the cost of sending it back to them? How long is it likely to take to get it back fixed and is it all done free under warranty?

Sorry for the Qs. I just want my daily P&S back working as it should.
Take it to Currys with your proof of postage and tell them what issue you have and they send it off for you. It is returned to the store for you to collect within 2 weeks.

Take it to Currys with your proof of postage and tell them what issue you have and they send it off for you. It is returned to the store for you to collect within 2 weeks.
It won't be in 2 weeks - mine's been with them 2 weeks for the same fault and it's still awaiting parts.

My was ready for collection from the store within 10 days. Looks like they are busy.

Just submitted a request via http://camerarepair.fujifilm.co.uk/

When I got a confirmation email it mentioned nothing about a box being sent?

It just said:

Please click here to print your form and then follow the instructions below:
Please make sure you supply a photocopy of the original receipt to confirm the date of purchase. Please do not supply the original receipt as we cannot guarantee that your paperwork will be returned.
Once printed cut along dotted line and place the bottom part consisting of your details inside your package.
Attach the top part to the front of your package.
Please make sure you supply a photocopy of the original receipt to confirm the date of purchase. Please do not supply the original receipt as we cannot guarantee that your paperwork will be returned.
To ensure that your camera arrives without damage, we suggest that you package it carefully in a well padded box. We recommend that you send your camera to us by a postal service that provides insurance and proof of delivery.

I assume I now have to use my own box and pay to send it back?

Is this a warranty vs non-warranty issue?

Eight years 1000 posts, November 2006.
To make matters worse I have lurked about on most days, still if one doesn’t have anything worth saying …. say nothing at all. That could be a lyric to a song.
Is eight years a record, probably not but “hay ho” lets have a bit of sunshine to celebrate.

X20. 1/800th sec. f5.6. ISO 400. max zoom.
9128-1415971488-26f3976a28d01b4332b0e70e9dddf2e5.jpg

Best viewed with the screen set to night mode, scroll down If you are not set to night, the screen can be changed at the bottom left of the page.

Rhodese.

Last edited:
Just an update in regards to sending the camera back to Fuji. I wasn't sent anything so rung them up on 0344 553 2321 and they confirmed that they will NOW send packaging out to return for free. It took a phone call to sort this out so if anyone needs to send their camera back it is better to do via camerarepair.fujifilm.co.uk and ring for a box,

I was hoping to pick up my X-30 today but it seems that my local shop's supply is still in Transit (or Vito/Traffic!) so I'll have to wait until Tuesday. Never mind, the other baby Xs still do great jobs!

I'm thinking of selling my X10 and getting an XF1 or a XQ1 as a pocketable replacement. I'm probably more tempted by the looks/price of the XF1 but would there be any justification to spend the extra on the XQ1?
Anybody used both and can give a real life comparison?

I was hoping to pick up my X-30 today but it seems that my local shop's supply is still in Transit (or Vito/Traffic!) so I'll have to wait until Tuesday. Never mind, the other baby Xs still do great jobs!

Has it come yet? any pictures? first impressions? :).

Rhodese.

We seem to have had very little feedback on the x30 so far.

Maybe they're all broken, like the XF1s (grumble, grumble)

Has it come yet? any pictures? first impressions? :).

Rhodese.

Unfortunately not. :( Being a small independent, they seem to be a little down the pecking order with the box shifters getting the early batches. They could have ordered me one in from a wholesaler but then wouldn't be able to match Park's price (£455 before cashback) and since it's a want not a need, I'm happy to wait! Not expecting any real improvements in terms of IQ, just some thins that'll make it more suitable for my wants. (Really want an XF with an EVF...)

Nod,
I had Patience once, but her dad found out and and……., seriously though, I’d be up and down like a yoyo. :)

Rhodese.

I could have one in 15 minutes if I really, REALLY wanted one NOW but I'd rather the local shop got my money and stayed around than spend with a chain. It's not as if I don't have other toys to play with!

Just to confuse (some) people, I'm glad to have my XF back after a day and a half with a bigger but smaller one while mine was in for servicing...

Just to confuse (some) people, I'm glad to have my XF back after a day and a half with a bigger but smaller one while mine was in for servicing...
Okay Nod, what sort of XF have you that is bigger and smaller than the XF that's being serviced? Confused.Com :)

I'm guessing a jaguar...

Quite correctly! And indeed with leather seats and CD player, player, player. Mine's a 3l saloon and the loaner was a 2.2l (smaller) Sportbrake (estate, so bigger). Believe it or not, the camera and car came at about the same time but it took a few days for me to join the dots. Had to exchange the case for the first camera so it matched the car seats (being a saddo) then bought a second camera to live in the car because I keep forgetting to pick one up on the way out. The second camera matches the car (and the old case) but the case I got with it matches the old camera so now have matching pairs. Managing to resist the temptation to get a watch to match the model of my Triumph Speedmaster bike...

Back