The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Quite correctly! And indeed with leather seats and CD player, player, player. Mine's a 3l saloon and the loaner was a 2.2l (smaller) Sportbrake (estate, so bigger). Believe it or not, the camera and car came at about the same time but it took a few days for me to join the dots. Had to exchange the case for the first camera so it matched the car seats (being a saddo) then bought a second camera to live in the car because I keep forgetting to pick one up on the way out. The second camera matches the car (and the old case) but the case I got with it matches the old camera so now have matching pairs. Managing to resist the temptation to get a watch to match the model of my Triumph Speedmaster bike...
Oh go on - you know you want one ;)

Want v Need... I'd definitely want all the toys mine has in whatever replaces it.

Back OT, my X-30 has landed! Set up like my X-20 is (flat sliders, JPEG fine and large 3:2) and waiting for the battery to charge. Not going to bother about an extra battery unless I find I really need it. I will be carrying a USB booster though since it also powers mobile phones and tablets if required.

Yay! My baby is back!
XF1 returned with new lens... and 3 photos of someone's feet...

They were taken in March 2014... I wonder whose feet they are? ;)

:love:

Wish I wasn't so self critical as they're not bad...not 100% happy with them though

If you're going to start pulling bananas, please find somewhere private to do it. ;)
It's bad enough that I've got someone's feet turning up uninvited on my camera!

they're jpegs, yes. Although I shoot in RAW as well, sometimes I just find the jpeg tones more pleasant. I've added a little PP in LR

Both are handheld in aperture mode - can't remember the settings though :( I think its the "soft" setting

Cheers, I think it helps others to have a little insight into how a picture was made.
I usually take jpegs. I try to see the shot mentally and set the camera up accordingly, bracketing. Hand-holding when I can, but mainly on a mono-pod with a remote for low/overhead shots, low shots being taken with the camera upside down. (I have restricted movement problems.)
I like the way you got away from the normal eye level approach, its something I have strived for with my photography.
Its being different that makes the shot stand out, keep up the good work.

Rhodese.

Last edited:
I think it's important to see things differently - a small change in height can make such a difference. Doesn't always work of course but if you don't try..

I rarely use a tripod unless it's at night ( shoot me down :eek: ) - in fact my tripod cost £8 from Argos. It's not that sturdy but is fine for my needs.

Last edited:
Got my fixed XF1 back from Fuji in just over a week. Great service from them from start to finish. Happy days :banana:

Sadly still waiting for my xf1 to be fixed

When did you send it? I got an email saying had no parts and was going to be delayed but it randomly turned up without notice. Tested it last night and seems to be back to it's good old self. It is still one of my best bargain buys of the year but wondering what could replace it o_O

haha - that'd be one mahoosive thing to lug around. Still nothing doing on that front - getting on my wick

Had to be done... A convoluted deal involving my old X-10 and its replacement X-20 saw all the baby Xs (apart from the XQ which doesn't count!!!) in the same place at the same time so uncle X-T1 took advantage and snapped this family group.

View attachment 25747

Had to go on a 50 mile round trip to the City link depot to collect my XF1.
Lens replaced by Fuji, camera tests ok so far

Love the reflection of the crack of sky in the wet road.

Back