The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Spec savers tomorrow Andy ? Or Apple ?

Yeah, could do with an iPad...

(Note how I ignored the non-techy solution)

Not yet. Been a bit busy recently and the weather's not been ideal. Not really expecting any difference in IQ from the 20, just handling differences.

Have just had the e-mail from Fuji saying that my cashback claim's been validated and that I should get a BACS credit within 21 days.

Dum dum dum
Another bites the dust...

This thread is both a great advert for Fuji's image quality, and a terrible one for their build quality.

Fuji are awaiting parts....

They said the same to me and then a few days later the camera arrived fixed. Having used for past few weeks it seems to be behaving well again. Just that it's owner has GAS issues and exploring replacements :exit:

I will soon be joining you all in here, Just ordered a XF1 from Fuji refurb. If anyone is interested there is still one in stock in black (use code paypal12 for discount).

@damianmkv I thought I was the only one who had a problem clicking on the "BUY" button!

The XF1 was meant to be my phone camera replacement and take everywhere camera leaving the my old micro thirds and dslr kit at home so it fulfils that task but am wanting more. A larger sensor coupled with a brighter lens at the telephoto end. Not too much to ask? I just want a simple kit to capture my growing baby and family.

*Closes all the open tabs of various checkout baskets

Quick question on the X30.

I just picked one up yesterday and when it's turned on it makes a constant noise, similar to white noise. It's only quiet, but I wondered if this is normal and why it happens?

I just picked one up yesterday and when it's turned on it makes a constant noise, similar to white noise. It's only quiet, but I wondered if this is normal and why it happens?
Needs a longer aerial Adam, can't tune in properly :)

Is it something to do with the constant movement of the stabilisation gyros in lens? I think I read this somewhere... :thinking:

I knew it was good, but I didn't know it came with a radio built in!

Any serious answers, anyone :D

"Is it something to do with the constant movement of the stabilisation gyros in lens? I think I read this somewhere... :thinking:" @Nikon_Nick

Don't know about the X30 but i have an OM EM10 and there is a similar noise when the release button is depressed and held half down before shooting and this is definitely due to the stabilization as it focuses - many articles on the web. But if the button is just pressed straight down, there is hardly any time for the noise to register.
try googling it

Last edited:
neither the X10 nor x20 make a noise and they have the Identical lens , so not that.

I rather doubt it should make any noise. I would take it back for exchange at once.

"Is it something to do with the constant movement of the stabilisation gyros in lens? I think I read this somewhere... :thinking:" @Nikon_Nick

Don't know about the X30 but i have an OM EM10 and there is a similar noise when the release button is depressed and held half down before shooting and this is definitely due to the stabilization as it focuses - many articles on the web. But if the button is just pressed straight down, there is hardly any time for the noise to register.
try googling it

googling anything specific to noise relating to photography is a nightmare!

Any X30 owners able to see if their camera makes a constant noise when it's turned on?

googling anything specific to noise relating to photography is a nightmare!

Any X30 owners able to see if their camera makes a constant noise when it's turned on?

Yup, and I also have an X-10. Both make a very quiet whirring noise that can just be heard when the lens is held to the ear in a very quiet room. Can't hear it in normal use.

I'm back! Left the thread with the sale of my old X10 but now I have the X30 :)

AF question;

In tracking mode, can the shutter button be set to NOT re-focus? Seems a bit bizarre the camera does a grest job of tracking just to refocus when the shutter is pressed...

We had our annual carol concert in the old church at Wolfhampcote on Saturday at 4.00 so lighting was totally candle powered. I only took my "car camera" the XF1 and tried a few shots at iso 640 and 1250. No tripod so a few had to be binned but over-all I was happy with results. One of the guys who helps me run the concert liked the pics and asked if I'd got a new camera, I said "no, it cost a bloody sight less than your i-phone."

About 3.45pm ISO 100 f1.8 0.6sec jpeg from RAW
View attachment 26908

About 4.20pm ISO 1250 f4.5 1/2sec
View attachment 26909

Hi

Not posted for a while, just bought Nic Collection so had a play with the photo below:

Nic_Collection_Trial by SEP9001, on Flickr
Thanks

Back