The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Happy with it Phil?
Loving it. The X30 is a remarkable camera and you should expect some good stuff in the future from me with it!

I've always loved the x00 series since the announcement of the X10 and this is no exception. Can't say anything that bad about it and the viewfinder is amazing for a compact. Using thst more than the screen.

the XF-1 is back :love: its had a new lens and a firmware update by the looks of things as it looks familiar but slightly different if that makes sense

the XF-1 is back :love: its had a new lens and a firmware update by the looks of things as it looks familiar but slightly different if that makes sense

Glad to have your XF1 back? Remember not to indulge in anything to GASsy to try and replace it! Keep eyeing up the X100T or Fuji X-E2 :sorry:

Glad to have your XF1 back? Remember not to indulge in anything to GASsy to try and replace it! Keep eyeing up the X100T or Fuji X-E2 :sorry:

i am and i'm not. Its really handy to have due to its size and I've taken some cracking shots but now I have the E-M10, it might be redundant so may have to go up for sale next month..

i am and i'm not. Its really handy to have due to its size and I've taken some cracking shots but now I have the E-M10, it might be redundant so may have to go up for sale next month..

I am still keeping the XF1 for the wife to keep in her bag or the baby bag. The GAS issue is more to do with my wanting something in a small package that still delivers great images. What made you choose the E-M10? I have the Lumix G3 with the 20mm, 14-42 and 45-150 but the Oly looks a big step up from it.

I want to downsize due to weight. I was going for the em5 but David convinced me to look at the 10. That, and the fact that the 5 is due to be replaced in February and I couldn't afford it made the 10 an obvious choice.

Just need to longer lenses now

I've just bought a Sony RX100 mk1, but cannot get on with the fact you can't choose Auto-ISO in manual like I do on my Nikon D7000.

So i'm thinking about selling the RX100 and getting a X20 for shooting the kids on days out when I don't want to take the D7000.

Appreciate the X20 isn't quite as pocketable as a RX100, but its still small right?

Also, can any X20 owners confirm for me that I could put it in manual and run with Auto-ISO? And one dial would control aperture and the other shutter speed (i'm thinking ring dial and back dial?)

Sincerely hopes it can work in that manner. :)

Thanks, Mick

I've just bought a Sony RX100 mk1, but cannot get on with the fact you can't choose Auto-ISO in manual like I do on my Nikon D7000.

So i'm thinking about selling the RX100 and getting a X20 for shooting the kids on days out when I don't want to take the D7000.

Appreciate the X20 isn't quite as pocketable as a RX100, but its still small right?

Also, can any X20 owners confirm for me that I could put it in manual and run with Auto-ISO? And one dial would control aperture and the other shutter speed (i'm thinking ring dial and back dial?)

Sincerely hopes it can work in that manner. :)

Thanks, Mick

Mick, In answer to your questions re the X20.

Yes you can run with Auto ISO in manual mode.

And when in manual mode both the Aperture and the Shutter Speeds are controlled from the same wheel on the back of the camera. It is done by pushing the wheel inwards causing the display to jump between the Aperture or Shutter setting with each push, and then adjusting either by rotating the wheel in either direction to make adjustments.

Hope this helps.,

George.

Thanks George.

Sounds like the X20 is still on the radar then. :)

Having them on the same dial sounds good, I take it its pretty intuitive that way?

Thanks George.

Sounds like the X20 is still on the radar then. :)

Having them on the same dial sounds good, I take it its pretty intuitive that way?

It sure is, and the lens is an absolute cracker. I've recently added the (Fuji dedicated) Nissin i40 flash to my system and that works perfectly with the X20 (with full dedication) as well as my other Fuji cameras. The only downfall with the X20 (as well as other Fuji X cameras) is they do use up batteries quite quickly so it's well worth having a few spares. I have found that some of the cheapies from Ebay work just as well as the original units.

George.

Since I got my X30 I'm treating my X10 like a disposable camera. The image stabilisation is shot, but it can still produce decent images.
Last night was my first attempt at photographing in a cave. I'm just using the built-in flash with the camera set to idiot mode; but I can't argue with the results.
Focussing was a bit of a mare; I had to ask the caver in this photo to shine her light on the rock next to her while I battled to gain focus, then flipped into manual focus and snapped away.
I'm well chuffed with this one!
View attachment 27303
If you want to see more and read the back story, I've written it up in my blog.
http://www.wild-landscapes.co.uk/Blog/GB-Cavern/46541183_95BKWj

So it appears my xf1 isn't fixed at all. It keeps beeping and the focus box changes to green as if focus lock is achieved then I take the picture and they're all OOF. Seems to be at f1.8

Have had several "card error" messages too

It's rubbish isn't it - that's the first time I've tried to use it since it was "fixed"

That's very poor indeed. I won't be in a hurry to buy another Fuji!

It definitely seems to be 1.8 related - if I shoot at f4, its ok but change to 1.8 and its OOF. If I use macro mode at 1.8, that focuses fine. If I shoot something 12" away at 1.8, it focuses but further away it doesn't..

Sony RX100 sold today and X20 sourced and hopefully here early next week.

Wish me luck. ;)

Thanks, been looking at your omd photo's and they are amazing.

Last edited:
Jim - Who's ferrets? I have 3 :)
Nice one Phil, they're not mine, they belong to a couple of mates in the village. They only took the Gills on Boxing day as Steve's Hob is a fat nasty brute that'd have your fingers off and it's as big as my Jack Russell ! [nearly] :)

Hi all, I'm a relative newbie around here, great forum by the way.

I've ordered an X30, we all need 3 cameras right?

Can't wait to get it and get shooting :)

As we know, when you think you have enough you don't. There's always more stuff out there

Back