The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Menu>shooting menu 4 > flash

Hi David, Some nice shots there, I really like #1 & #2 and #4 is different and the more I look at it the more I like it. "Great Stuff".(y)

Hi David, Some nice shots there, I really like #1 & #2 and #4 is different and the more I look at it the more I like it. "Great Stuff".(y)

Cheers me dears. :)

Just shot the young 'uns sports day with it as i didn't want to look like a p**** with my D7000... Which is another advantage of the XF1. BUT... :cautious:

The focus annoyed the hell out of me. By the time it had focused they weren't there anymore. Admittedly the view point wasn't ideal and i was a fair way away so was at full zoom which wasn't quite long enough. Maybe i should have took the DSLR after all? :banghead:

i wouldn't have used the xf1 for sportsday - its been (barely) ok for panning at Mercedes but if i missed a shot, i just waited 30 seconds and tried again. Don't get that luxury with the kids - atleast they objected when I asked them to re-run it...

Last edited:
Woohoo!! Look forward to seeing the celebration pics!! I wonder what they do to them to fix them?

On the return note it says that the Lens and grip set were replaced
I think they mean the lens housing by Grip set but not sure

H

Last edited:
Think im gonna get an x20 jeez already got xpro1 x e1 x100 x100s im addicted to fuji:rolleyes:

Think im gonna get an x20 jeez already got xpro1 x e1 x100 x100s im addicted to fuji:rolleyes:

Hi Mike, The X20 is an excellent little camera and probably as good if not better than anything of comparable spec.

It might be worth your while hanging on a bit before you purchase it as I would think the prices will be dropping considerably, and there will almost certainly be some good used examples available just as soon as the replacement for it is released.

I think most of us think it will be called the X30 and who knows you may just want one of them rather than the X20.:)

Hi Mike, The X20 is an excellent little camera and probably as good if not better than anything of comparable spec.

It might be worth your while hanging on a bit before you purchase it as I would think the prices will be dropping considerably, and there will almost certainly be some good used examples available just as soon as the replacement for it is released.
Anyone know a date when the x30 is due, or is it still a rumour at the moment

Anyone know a date when the x30 is due, or is it still a rumour at the moment

Hi Rob, The strongest rumour was for last Thursday 3rd, but as yet it seems that no one has decided a date for the next rumour.:)

Been for a play in Jessops today...

The XQ1 is a thing of beauty... interested to know if the focus is noticeably better than the XF1... will have to do some digging. @AESamuel did you have an XF before the XQ? How do you find the AF? Not sure if i would miss the wheel or not?

Also had a play with the Olympus em-5 & em-10. Pretty things indeed, but I don't think I could swap in my d7000 for one. But the focus did seem really quick and snappy.

Had an XF1 and an X10, the focus on the XQ-1 is markedly better than both the x10 and the xf1. There is also a control ring at the base of the zoom which can be set to your zoom for either tiny adjustments or for going really quick from wide to zoom. It can also be set to numerous other things like aperture, exposure comp, shooting mode etc. but I leave it for zoom.

Cool, thanks Asa. I'd read about the ring and thought it was a nice touch. It's the same as the x100/s focus ring apartently. It was the focus i was more interested in and if you say it's noticeable different then that's another point in favour for the XQ.

Thanks again. :)

Cool, thanks Asa. I'd read about the ring and thought it was a nice touch. It's the same as the x100/s focus ring apartently. It was the focus i was more interested in and if you say it's noticeable different then that's another point in favour for the XQ.

Thanks again. :)

No problem :) Yeah the focus is definitely an improvement!
I just got back from a holiday in Cheddar (hence the late reply) and I took the XQ1 as well as my new sony a6000 so I'll be posting some pictures in here in a little while. I mainly took it as a carry round for my partner but I was using it for the macro abilities too.

Photos soon!

I've got lots of photos in here from when I had the X10 - might need to go back a fair few pages first though, haha.

This is the caterpillar of a peacock butterfly that I spotted going up a hill fort.

And this is a completely unrelated butterfly from Bristol zoo!

Takes ages to get on this thread !

Been trying to get on this thread for ages, for another quick read. Took ages this morning, while other areas of the forum are fast to load.

Anyway, I have been testing my newly acquired X10 and really love it. I have decided I am going to use the X10 mainly for people shots, family meet ups etc, while I will use my XF1 for everyday carry about. I seem to use the XF1 better, as it's a little more light nimble and discreet.

I haven't gotten a shot like no1 using my raynox :eek: that's it - bin !!

Marcus, some very nice colourful pic. :plus1:

A few pictures from the Tour de France and the camping associated with it :)

The break by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
The four miffys of the apocalypse by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
The sun goes down on Day 1 by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
King of the Dales by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr
The Peleton rolls out for the Grand Depart by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

Absolutely gorgeous sunrise this morning, but I was far too knackered to drag myself out of the van to photograph it, I just looked out of the window

Missed one. This was using the HDR effect setting and looks a bit overprocessed but was the only way I could get the colours looking right in camera otherwise it couldn't cope with the range.

HDR effect sunset by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

Hi guys, has anyone on here had a problem with a focus error warning coming up on screen when the camera is turned on? Had it 2 or 3 times while on holiday.
I've only had my X10 2 months or so so I am a bit disappointed, though if you remove the battery and then replace it the problem clears. Anyone else had this
happen? Apologies if already covered I did search but didn't see anything.

John I've had my X10 since new and have never seen anything like that! :(

Hi guys, has anyone on here had a problem with a focus error warning coming up on screen when the camera is turned on? Had it 2 or 3 times while on holiday.
I've only had my X10 2 months or so so I am a bit disappointed, though if you remove the battery and then replace it the problem clears. Anyone else had this
happen? Apologies if already covered I did search but didn't see anything.

Google brought this up

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_error

If it is warranty may be worth contacting fuji to see what they say.

Back