The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Any reason for buying both?

Like Nick, I have an XF1 and an X-20. Also like Nick, I have them for slightly different purposes and they have their own strengths. (And as David says, I'm just greedy!)

Don't think its about being greedy, if you have the cash then why not.:D

Like Nick, I have an XF1 and an X-20. Also like Nick, I have them for slightly different purposes and they have their own strengths. (And as David says, I'm just greedy!)

Glad im not alone in my thinking :D

Lol!! But do you have one for the car in matching colours and case for the interior? He's on a whole different level mate. :LOL:

Come on Nod, how many is it?

2 XF1's, x20, x-pro, x-t1, d700 and a Nikon 1aw. :D

Lol!! But do you have one for the car in matching colours and case for the interior? He's on a whole different level mate. :LOL:

Come on Nod, how many is it?

2 XF1's, x20, x-pro, x-t1, d700 and a Nikon 1aw. :D

:plus1:
and probably some more!

I need to buy a spare battery for my XF1. Now is it better to buy a same spec one or one with a higher mAh ?

Cheers, Chris.

Hi Chris

I bought a a maximal power one from Amazon and it lasts longer that the fuji battery.

I have just checked amazon but it is no longer available.

1100mAh

Hi Helen, I like these two shots very much, the colours are excellent. I prefer the way you have filled the frame with the flower in the first shot, but prefer the sharpness of the bumble bee in the second shot.(y)

George.

Hi Helen, I like these two shots very much, the colours are excellent. I prefer the way you have filled the frame with the flower in the first shot, but prefer the sharpness of the bumble bee in the second shot.(y)

George.
Thank you :)

I went walking yesterday and didn't want to be carrying more than necessary so just the X10 went with me.
The shots set on Dynamic tone almost worked but they always end up just a tadge too dark in the shadows.

Dynamic tone selected
Corn & sky by Farmejim, on Flickr

Aperture priority.
Corn & sky by Farmejim, on Flickr

AP + macro
Thistle head by Farmejim, on Flickr

Some great pics while I've been away from the thread :)

Not much from me recently - too much cycling and too little stopping to take photos.

But I had a play with panning tonight while my OH raced grass track

Grass Track 28 July by helen_goldthorpe, on Flickr

Are the cameras with that issue from a specific batch (identifiable by the serial number), or does this happen at "random" units?

So i decided to take the XF1 with me this morning whilst out for a walk with the dogs at 5am... Was damp to say the least but the sun just coming up made up for that. :D

Early Morning Walk
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Early Morning Walk

Early Morning Walk

Early Morning Walk

Early Morning Walk

Early Morning Walk

Early Morning Walk

Early Morning Walk

Must be hard going taking your snail for a walk...

I'm getting a X10 soon. Any advice or details I should look at when searching for a good one?

Ensure it doesn't have the ORB issue or make sure it has been repaired by Fuji.

I bought an X10 last month and I knew the person selling it, I had an idea he had not returned it for an ORB fix. I did try it before I bought it and I did see signs of the ORB issue, but because it was going for a reasonable price, and because I already had an XF1, I would simply use the X10 battery in the XF1.

I would say all is not lost if you do buy an X10 with the ORB problems, as you simply keep an eye out for reflections, such as in glass and metal and water etc. I have got some lovely photos street stuff parks and gardens, so long as I keep an eye out for bright light spots.

If you suspect an X10 may have an ORB issue that you are buying, simply make an offer that you are happy with. I am happy with mine, and I really do love it.

Back