The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Well my XF1 has got a problem. grrrr. If I zoom any further than 35mm then every photo is over exposed. Guess its that aperture blades issue I have read elsewhere.

Sorry to hear about your issue. Is the camera still under warranty?

Yes it under warranty so will be returning it to the shop tomorrow. Annoying to be without it though until its fixed. :)

Cool, I am waiting for Fuji to confirm if there is an issue with my one as well.

I found that if you look at the lens in bright daylight you could see, while holding the shutter halfway, that the aperture blades open and close fine until you get to the 35mm point. you can see it. Then the blades do not move at all.

I found that if you look at the lens in bright daylight you could see, while holding the shutter halfway, that the aperture blades open and close fine until you get to the 35mm point. you can see it. Then the blades do not move at all.

That's a bit worrying, hope you get it sorted. Love my little XF1 just hope it behaves, mind you I tend to use the X10 a little more now.

John, does the X30 tempt you more than the X20 did? I'd need to actually hold one before deciding (and look throught the EVF), but some of the incidentals like the fold-up screen (for low shots) and the wifi, were part of what was tempting me towards a XT-1. With the X30 I can have all that, a faster lens with a longer range in a lighter package for half the price! And if the X20/30 images are as good as the X10 ones, I don't need the extra that the larger sensor would give. Mind, I don't get a f/1.4 prime...

You didn't go to Currys did you ? :shifty:

John, does the X30 tempt you more than the X20 did? I'd need to actually hold one before deciding (and look throught the EVF), but some of the incidentals like the fold-up screen (for low shots) and the wifi, were part of what was tempting me towards a XT-1. With the X30 I can have all that, a faster lens with a longer range in a lighter package for half the price! And if the X20/30 images are as good as the X10 ones, I don't need the extra that the larger sensor would give. Mind, I don't get a f/1.4 prime...

I bought the X10 off my mate who in turn bought an X20. I used both my mates X20 and my X10 side by side for a whole day, and while the X20 does have a few new tweaks, the final images from both was not that far apart. Yes I know my X10 does have issues as mention before, but if I take care of what I am doing, I can get the images pretty much the same as my mates X20.

In truth I don't need an X20 but I would love an X30 all the same, not handled the X30 as of yet.

@minnnt I do think we are suffering from GAS ;)

Well took it back to Currys today. Will wait and see what happens next. Thing is they wont even find the mildest of scratches on the camera as I am extreme in looking after equipment. lol. So they better not attempt to even try and state I damaged it. It was marked down as completely undamaged when I handed it in.

Anyone got any experience on how long it takes to get the camera back due to this fault?

I'll have dibs on Minnt's second that he buys 24 hours after selling the first. ;)

Well took it back to Currys today. Will wait and see what happens next. Thing is they wont even find the mildest of scratches on the camera as I am extreme in looking after equipment. lol. So they better not attempt to even try and state I damaged it. It was marked down as completely undamaged when I handed it in.

Anyone got any experience on how long it takes to get the camera back due to this fault?

My one took 2 weeks when I had the lens error issue.

Nice, like it...

Hi David, Really like the water droplet shots, it looks as if your already getting on very well with the new X20. Looking forward to seeing some more.(y)

George.

Couple from holidays:
20140827-DSCF5174-Edit-2.jpg by landwomble, on Flickr

20140825-DSCF4962.jpg by landwomble, on Flickr

Got some great pics of the family. Struggled with pin-sharp focus in some areas but otherwise really good and the fill-in flash is amazingly competent in bright sunlight. In other news: I'm starting to only use the EXR mode for most stuff, if you just trust it it's bloody clever...

Hi Nick, That shot over Liverpool is tremendous, the amount of detail that the Baby X cameras can achieve never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for showing it.(y)

George.

Hi Landwomble, Couple of nice shots there. Shame about the horizon in the second one. :whistle:

George.

Back