The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

I forgot what a great camera the X10 is ! - You would never be able to squeeze a DSLR between the stanchions of Liverpool cathedral. It's always good to have a pocket camera with you.......

Liverpool vista

Makes me want to take my X10 to the Cathedral. Good clear photo, and you have got a great deal of the City there :)

Does anyone know if the X30 can be programmed to separate out the shutter release from focusing function (back button focusing)? I know on the X10 there was a cheat to do a work around in manual but that was hardly satisfactory.

Could be a deal breaker for me.

Still not had chance to give it a good go which is quite disappointing but hopefully the weekend will offer up something. Been reading a few things on battery life especially as it went flat on me yesterday whilst messing around but I'm guessing it's down to me pressing alot of buttons etc. Will have to get a spare and take the one from my XF aswell if I go out for a day with it. I don't take loads of pics but messing about and learning stuff is obviously going to take its toll on the performance.

In other news, was hoping to recieve my triggers today and my shutter button but I didn't.... :sulk: and i'm even contemplating reading the manual... :coffee:

Last edited:
Still not had chance to give it a good go which is quite disappointing but hopefully the weekend will offer up something. Been reading a few things on battery life especially as it went flat on me yesterday whilst messing around but I'm guessing it's down to me pressing alot of buttons etc. Will have to get a spare and take the one from my XF aswell if I go out for a day with it. I don't take loads of pics but messing about and learning stuff is obviously going to take its toll on the performance.

In other news, was hoping to recieve my triggers today and my shutter button but I didn't.... :sulk: and i'm even contemplating reading the manual... :coffee:

There is a power management function on the X20. It dims the LCD slightly and the AF isnt as quick/responsive, but it depends what you are shooting really. Ive got power management on as im not shooting anything particularly fast moving etc. Seems to definitely make a significant difference to the battery life.

Yeah it came up with that when I first turned it on... quickly declined it. I'm going to be using it for street stuff so need the faster AF. I will be using it with the OVF rather than the screen/eye sensor so that should save a bit too. I think going with 2-3 batteries will be fine. If it dies it dies. Simple as that.

Bring on the x30... :D

If they happen to have one left in the clearance section. I got mine for £199.50 brand new from Currys. :D

In all honesty I could have took the OCF shot with the XF1 but the other portrait was at f2.5 so wouldn't have looked like that.

It's a nice tool and having the viewfinder feels much more natural. Wouldn't want to have paid £350 for it. STILL waiting for my triggers to come which should bring a bit more crearivity to my work. Well... on paper at least. :LOL:

How's the OCF compared to the d7000 ?

It's the same mate. OCF is OCF. Isn't it? I think?? It's the same flash so it must be? :LOL: I turned the power of the on board flash to -2/3 so it had little effect but it was still strong enough to trigger the flash in slave mode. The Fuji will sync at silly shutter speeds though due to its leaf shutter.

Aha...so higher sync speed with the fuji ( 1/1000 ? ) than the d7000 (1/250 )

Shame your ebay bargain hasn't arrived yet :(

If they happen to have one left in the clearance section. I got mine for £199.50 brand new from Currys. :D

In all honesty I could have took the OCF shot with the XF1 but the other portrait was at f2.5 so wouldn't have looked like that.

It's a nice tool and having the viewfinder feels much more natural. Wouldn't want to have paid £350 for it. STILL waiting for my triggers to come which should bring a bit more crearivity to my work. Well... on paper at least. :LOL:

Didn't have any on display in my local store, at £200 it's a no brainier.

Been having a play...

You want OCF??

You want sharp??

You want close ups??

Nice close up David
Certainly find the X20 tempting, but now the X30 is out. So will have to make do with both my XF1 and X10.

Last edited:
Thanks John. I quite like the x20 but can't wait to have a go with an x30. I think the upgrades will suit me well. :)

Here's a few shots as i recieved my shutter button and triggers today. The trigger on the camera reminds me of one of the roof boxes that you see on some cars. :LOL:

Fuji X20
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Fuji X20

And both of them together. :D

Siblings

David,

Thank you. You have some nice shots with you new toy. I really like the ocf ones.

The last one is a superb shot, did you get your daughter photo printed on the t shirt?

Cheers Kev. Just a matter of finding it's limitations and what settings to be using. Looking forward to giving it a go outside. :)

No, it's not Lily on the t-shirt although that is the reason we bought it as it looks exactly like her. :LOL:

Cool, nice. :D

Thanks John. I quite like the x20 but can't wait to have a go with an x30. I think the upgrades will suit me well. :)

Here's a few shots as i recieved my shutter button and triggers today. The trigger on the camera reminds me of one of the roof boxes that you see on some cars. :LOL:

Fuji X20

Fuji X20

And both of them together. :D

Siblings
Nice little set up, you have got there :)

One of 2 of the stores near me doesn't have any x20s left :( will phone the second to see if they have any! Alternatively... if there's anyone that has the silver one in stock near them and would like to do me a massive favour... :D

I'm getting a bit obsessed with it if I'm honest and need to leave them at home. :LOL: Just trying to understand how everything works.

Nice start, why not make a snoot out of cardboard and put it behind your daughters head out of shot. Add the main flash to illuminate your daughters face. There is no right or wrong way but too much power is unflattering and creates overblown highlights.

@Blank_Canvas - good idea Nick. I think that's where i went wrong. This was the first shot i tried shooting back towards the camera and just boshed the flash in slave mode and wedged it in a tree. The power was on 1/16 which was the same as the front flash. In hindsight i should have gone for a much smaller output and probably upped the key-light a little so i could drop the aperture to give a better starburst effect. Will definitely bare it in mind for next time.

Any other tips and advice? Where exactly would you put the second flash?

Been out with the x20. Again...

OCF is awesomeness. :D

In the spotlight

Really like this shot and the lovely arrangement of bright pink/yellow against the grungy background - nice expression too :). I've been a bit distracted of late and still not got round to getting an X20 and seems I've missed the boat now, arse !. Can't seem to find one anywhere, Currys all sold out, Jessops too, I've phoned them all. You did a blinder getting yours for less than £200 !! I guess I'm just going to have to go secondhand, and up my post count so I can see the classifieds, in the unlikely event one of you gets rid of yours :).
As said before, no better place than this thread to show how enjoyable the X20 is to use, and your enthusiasm for the OCF David, is just another reason to join the Fuji followers :)

Ha, thanks. There have been a couple in the classifieds in the last few weeks for around £230-250 which is reassuring for me having only paid £200 brand new. Also watched one on ebay go for £300. :rolleyes:

I think the x30 release may relinquish a few x20's onto the used market. Can't wait to have a go with one.

Thanks for your comments aswell, means alot. Someone faved an old XF1 image of mine earlier on Flickr and the colours and rendering are fab, if only the XF had a hotshoe!

Nice, can you please stop posting photos of your x20. It is giving me GAS....

Back