The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Been paying with the X20 in Jpeg mode and I'm really impressed with the results. More so than i was with the XF1. I have found Lightroom to be changing my images considerably from the X20 and although 'getting it right in camera' is what we all aim for, if Lr is rendering the files nothing like what you have taken (or at least set up according to the back of the screen!) then it kind of kills off that argument a fair bit.

So, what is everyones settings? The only thing i have changed is the film simulation to Astia as it's my preferred one. And the file has seemingly held up well to some PP aswell, raising shadows and exposure etc.

x20 Jpeg
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Will do a few more shots tomorrow to see what it's like under daylight conditions as it was a little dark for the above.

Nice shots Kev, i'm a big fan of your post processing, i like it.

Thanks, still not dedicated as you.

Watched your earlier ocf ones on the pc screen and they look lovely. They look much better on the pc screen than on the phone.

But as always it is not the camera but the person behind the camera as can be seen from various photos on this thread. :(

These cameras are just amazing. Obviously takes a good eye and some suitable well placed post processing where necessary, but it does seem that the results possible from these small fuji's punch above their lens & camera component weight, if that makes sense ? Or am I talking nonsense ?

A few from this morning:

1effeBuilding by SEP9001, on Flickr

We're you tempted to adjust the curved perspective on the side of this building ? I know there's a school of thought to use post processing to correct this lens effect but it can sometimes become too clinical to correct everything sometimes I guess.

Not sure why you think I'm more dedicated. Dedicated to what? We all seem to take a fair few photos...

The cameras definately punch above their weight and that's just their looks! When you turn them on then the magic starts. :D For what prices I have paid for my XF1 (both of them!!!) and the x20 I'm really pleased. (y) still doesn't help me with my x30 GAS though!!!

We're you tempted to adjust the curved perspective on the side of this building ? I know there's a school of thought to use post processing to correct this lens effect but it can sometimes become too clinical to correct everything sometimes I guess.

Did not think of that, might give it a go next time I am on the pc.

:LOL: @ReneB £300 and it's yours... :p

You know what, I could well be tempted. ;-) You must have got the cheapest one in the country ! Can't believe you paid so little. Ebay ones all seem to go for between £250-£325. Mind you there are still some available new for £400+ !!!

David, all buying humour aside, it's interesting to see that you're enjoying using the x20 so much. I seem to recall your first opinion of the ovf wasn't favourable, or am I confusing you with someone else ?

Nope, you're not. It's wazz. :D

Feels alot more natural though to use it and once you use it you get used to the parallax, it's ok, I suppose. Can't wait to try the x30's evf. Will probably be really disappointed :LOL:

I saw an advert for the x20 at £525 the other day. :LOL: oh, and Panamoz have the XF1 in stock for £491... bet they're flying out the doors!

Last edited:
£525 !!! That's nuts !
Ok, I've upped my non spammy count to 25, still can't see the classifieds ?!?! Hang on to that x20......I may be round with cash ! Ha ha !!!

Evening. Have just dashed in to media city - i *think* the xf1 did ok ( no tripod with me ) but will have to wait until Saturday when I'm home to see. Only snapped a dozen or so as I didn't want to pay parking so had 30 minutes :D

But what are the leaves? ;)

Hi David, I'm not too good at naming plants etc, but my wife has just told me it's a "Choisya".(y)

The water is nothing special though, I think it's just called plain water.:)

George.

Nice, it does look a great place, will definately have to make the journey soon! One place the wider lens of the XF1 would make a difference. Although if I'm honest I'd probably use my D7000. :LOL:

I have a Manfrotto Pixi tripod that is ideal for this kind of stuff as it's tiny although I have been thinking about getting a GorillaPod so I can wrap it round a lamp post or a railing.

The 25mm from the xf1 isn't wide enough there to be honest. The 17-50 would be good though.

I think I need an ikkle tripod

Cheers peeps. Not my best ever picture and she was in a crap mood for posing etc but this was the best from the lot. X20 did really well. 2 test shots to get the exposure right and we were away! Ironically the best photo was one of her not looking at the camera or holding the damn frame. :rolleyes:

Bloody kids!!!! Oh wait... :dummy1:

Suddenly I recall you asking me about this sort of shoot a while back - you dir-dee dawg, you:D

Best buy all the camera stuff you'll ever need in the next few months ...

Back