The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Cheers - got there just as the bridge changed from pink to white. Typical :(

What hoods are people using on their x10's/x20's? Do you find they make a difference or are they just for show?

David I use a copy of the Fuji one.
Its ok, the only drawback is you can’t use the front of the case when it’s attached which is a bit of a pain.
The hood screws off leaving the filter thread bit attached to which I fit a Cokin set up allowing the use of grads for land/sea scapes.

7807-1410956448-e1d2ee7d08e363dfeff86d02c0dadc9a.jpg

Rhodese.

Last edited:
When were the old X10/XF1 and X20 threads merged?

I have just spent the last hour or so looking back and boy is there some great images.
The information and expertise imparted is well worth re-reading, all the answers to who, what, where and how are there.

Rhodese.

Cheers Les, I hadn’t looked for ages. I went to page one expecting to follow the link to the old thread, being pleasantly surprised to find it had been merged.

David,
Yes, it’s a case of using the rear screen, the camera is usually on a mono or tripod and a remote cable release employed.
Could you use the 30sec shutter speed as a bulb substitute?
I know what you mean looking back on old threads, but if you persevere, most of the resent questions asked have already been answered. Use the search facility and tick the “this thread only” option.
Try it for a quick look for lens hoods.

Rhodese.

Yeah I can use the 30 second setting but if I put a 10 stop filter on it then it may not be enough and it certainly wouldn't be enough to get the sky drifting unless it was gale force. Wonder if the x30 has it? Doubt it.

Will try using the search function how you said, never done a single thread search. Good tip! (y)

Do you use a polariser? Been toying with the idea of getting one.

Dear All.

The Fuji clearance site has some X20's available on offer for £250 but you get 10% off if you apply Paypal12 which brings them down to £225. Mines on order as an upgrade to my X10.

Allen.

Yeah I can use the 30 second setting but if I put a 10 stop filter on it then it may not be enough and it certainly wouldn't be enough to get the sky drifting unless it was gale force. Wonder if the x30 has it? Doubt it.

Will try using the search function how you said, never done a single thread search. Good tip! (y)

Do you use a polariser? Been toying with the idea of getting one.

David.
Yes I have polarisers, with the Fuji type lens hood you can detach the hood bit and attach 52mm filters or step up rings and use bigger filters, alternatively fit a square filter as in a Cokin/Lee and use their system filters.

Rhodese.

Excellent, thankyou. Do you find they make a difference?

No more no less than with other cameras.
I used to use grey and blue soft grads a lot for land/sea scapes. I mainly use Photoshop these days. I know I know it isn’t purist, shrug.
Under the right conditions CPs are still good though. I’m not aware of a Photoshop work a round for polarisers.

Rhodese.

Back