The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Mid October UK release, I'm told... Want to have a play before buying but it would seem to tick most boxes. Hopefully the X-20 being chopped in against it will bring the UK price down to close enough the DR one.

Made a tentative enquiry as to trade in value of the X-20 and it may well be going in sooner rather than later. I'll still have the XFs and other kit so won't really miss it too much. The X-30 looks as though it'll address most of my niggles against the 20.

Not telling until the deal's done!

A quick question for the XF1 users please? :( Got mine today via the forums and do find the instruction manual a little vague at times!

Specifically I cant figure out when its in manual mode, why is the slowest shutter speed I can get a quarter of a second instead of 30 seconds???

I think that depends on your DR settings. Either that or ISO. There's a few funnies like that...

Couldnt resist trying it in the back yard, so naff from a purely photographic sense but had to try an orb on 30 seconds :)

SOOC too.

15373047765_1f3b0bd302_o.jpg

6281-1407323799-89bffd4878f581f53fd343e0d64b9cc3.jpg

I maybe going to an Engagement party in a club, just wondering what would be the better option my XF1 or my X10 ? I can see benefits in both Cameras, XF1 24mm f/1.8 and X10 28mm f/2.0 112mm f/2.8 As I said I can see benefits in both, XF1 being brighter at the wider end and much lighter to carry about, but the X10 being a little more bulky but a handy f/2.8 on full zoom.

Just not sure what one to take, and I don't really want to be messing about with both.

Went to the engagement do last night, and just viewing the images this morning.
In the end I ended up taking both the XF1 and the X10, the missus had room in her large bag. So I managed to stuff the both of them in her bag. I got some good group shots with the XF1 and I used the X10 to pick out individuals and couples. I used the dreaded pop up flash on both, with power turned down. Pretty pleased how the images turned. Petty I can't post a few on here, but family and friends asked not to post their images on the net :(

Last edited:
Stop introducing features that get in the way, like certain combinations preventing you freely changing the settings. E.g. if DR is set a particular way you can't set a manual exposure of longer than a few seconds etc. I've had a few occasions when it's not done as I tell it due to this..

As i know have a nice green XF1 to play with i thought i would take a few pics yesterday.
Subway art isn`t really my thing but its something different to capture

FujiXF1Testpics-2_zps3aa4a76f.jpg

FujiXF1Testpics-3_zpsce91ea1a.jpg

Has anyone any experience with "off camera flash" on the X series ? I quite fancy having a go but Fuji doesn't seem to supply any TTL cords. I looked around ont net and someone was recommending the Pixel FC-311/s E-TTL cord which is made for Canon but works on X series. Amazon do them for about £17 so the price looks good and it has very good reviews with one saying it works well on his X20 so presumably it'll work on my aged X10.
Anyone tried this or similar?

Has anyone any experience with "off camera flash" on the X series ? I quite fancy having a go but Fuji doesn't seem to supply any TTL cords. I looked around ont net and someone was recommending the Pixel FC-311/s E-TTL cord which is made for Canon but works on X series. Amazon do them for about £17 so the price looks good and it has very good reviews with one saying it works well on his X20 so presumably it'll work on my aged X10.

I think David (minnnt) has posted some on here a few pages ago, where hes used OCF with his X20. Got good results.

I use this on on my X20 and X10
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viltrox-T...UK_Photography_Sync_Cords&hash=item4625edb870

I have a genuine canon one but the cord comes at the front
In this one the cord comes out side ways and does not dangle in front and get in the way.

They are very simple so nothing to go wrong
It fires in auto mode with my fuji EF x20 flash
An in manual mode with my canon flashes

Last edited:
Turn the lens and press the shutter. Boom, superb photo. :D

As for OCF, it works well with a cheapo set of triggers but it's all manual which tbh is fine for me as I just alter settings in camera for exposure and ambient etc by changing aperture and shutter speed respectively. I've read that canon hotahoes are the same match but have no idea myself as I'm a nikon user. Maybe ask in one of the grown up fuji threads.

I use this on on my X20 and X10
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viltrox-T...UK_Photography_Sync_Cords&hash=item4625edb870

I have a genuine canon one but the cord comes at the front
In this one the cord comes out side ways and does not dangle in front and get in the way.

They are very simple so nothing to go wrong
It fires in auto mode with my fuji EF x20 flash
An in manual mode with my canon flashes

If you have the EF x20 flash it will also fire "off camera" with no cord but in manual.
The flash on the camera fires it with a low power flash.
This does not add to the exposure as it is a sort of pre flash before the shutter actually opens. But triggers the off camera one in sync.

Has anyone actually ordered an x30 yet?
Yup - pre-ordered my X30 last week from an independent local camera shop.

My faithful X10 is finally showing signs of trouble; the IS is occasionally fluttering which ruins images. I've started turning off the IS, but I honestly didn't appreciate just how much benefit the IS was giving me.
I need IS ! Repair was quoted at just under £200 :eek:
Goodness knows what else they would have found inside the case as my X10 has been bathed in salt spray way too many times; at one point I thought the command wheel had locked solid but it eventually freed back up.

So I've taken the plunge on an X30.
Why not just get a bargain X20?
No idea - I must be mad :D

I lost about 2/3 of the images in this set due to the failing IS in my X10 :(
No prizes for guessing the location...
View attachment 21591

I'd hope to be getting more than £80 for my x20!!!!

Made a tentative enquiry as to trade in value of the X-20 and it may well be going in sooner rather than later. I'll still have the XFs and other kit so won't really miss it too much. The X-30 looks as though it'll address most of my niggles against the 20.

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding this, but I'm looking for a silver X20 to buy. It's a present so needs to be in fairly good condition.

Can offer a sensible amount for it. Much more than trade in.

Let me know.

Hi Ben, there was a couple in the classifieds a few days ago, not sure if they have sold though?

I sold mine on eBay at the weekend for a tidy profit on what i paid as I needed a new lens for an up coming project, but I dare say an x30 will be joining the fleet soon.

Sorry I can't be of any more use mate.

Hi Ben, there was a couple in the classifieds a few days ago, not sure if they have sold though?

I sold mine on eBay at the weekend for a tidy profit on what i paid as I needed a new lens for an up coming project, but I dare say an x30 will be joining the fleet soon.

Sorry I can't be of any more use mate.

Damn. Thanks for letting me know David.

I've enquired on the For Sale threads and just waiting to hear back.

Thanks for the tips on OCF guys, that cord Terry uses looks like it'll do the job, may invest in a wireless trigger in the future.
That looks like Striding Edge Duncan, fine when it's misty/cloudy like that... you can't see the drop :)

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding this, but I'm looking for a silver X20 to buy. It's a present so needs to be in fairly good condition.

Can offer a sensible amount for it. Much more than trade in.

Let me know.

Ben, as I said, it was a tentative enquiry and was met with a guestimate from the assistant (who couldn't make me a proper offer). I'll probably be going into town again tomorrow (if my face settles down after a tooth extraction this morning :() and will hopefully see a manager who should be able to give me a firmer offer. I'll then pop it in the classifieds for the offer plus a small premium to cover postage etc. It's in VGC but will save details for the sales thread.

Ben, as I said, it was a tentative enquiry and was met with a guestimate from the assistant (who couldn't make me a proper offer). I'll probably be going into town again tomorrow (if my face settles down after a tooth extraction this morning :() and will hopefully see a manager who should be able to give me a firmer offer. I'll then pop it in the classifieds for the offer plus a small premium to cover postage etc. It's in VGC but will save details for the sales thread.

Thanks. Will keep my eye out.

Back