The official self portrait thread for everyone

:eek: And you had to go and quote it to put it TWICE on this page :bat: :p

:D

Not up to the standard of some in here but here's one I did last year:

2678846455_395c725cd6_o.jpg

Just wondered :)Looked like a bed with a window behind you.

Never seen a bed with a window in it! Must be a light sleeper!

Oooh cracking stuff!]

yoby, you really don't like wearing t-shirts do you ?
And Keith, I'd see a doctor, you're looking a little bit green :D

Oooh cracking stuff!]

yoby, you really don't like wearing t-shirts do you ?
And Keith, I'd see a doctor, you're looking a little bit green :D

Would like to point out for the record that my boredom threshold is at it's lowest early morning or late evening...... I do get dressed if I'm going out, honest..... :D Also, and in my defence your honour, I suspect Mrs Dave was brought up in the crater of a live volcano - With the central heating on at her comfort levels, even the jeans were too much !!

yoby said:
OK - I managed to dig out three of the most embarrasing ones to keep this going....

1) Bored in a Hotel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davefrost/5238813180/
The Photographer. by DaveFrost, on Flickr

2) Bored at Home
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davefrost/5346190502/
Many hands make light work.... by DaveFrost, on Flickr

3) Bored at home again
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davefrost/4298157910/
Unheard by DaveFrost, on Flickr

:thinking:

I like number 2, am I right in assuming that was created by the camera in a fixed point, then you take the photos of the various positions you were in, then layer them somehow?

Wow, looking good people.

I hate being in front of the lens, always stay behind. But here we go. Sorry if it cracks anyones screens. lol

self.jpg

I like number 2, am I right in assuming that was created by the camera in a fixed point, then you take the photos of the various positions you were in, then layer them somehow?

That's about the long and the short of it. I had the camera (and Flash) on the tripod and all set up with the drive on self timer. I then grabbed my 'props' and took 5 or 6 shots.
Once the images were copied to the PC I opened them all in Photoshop and pasted 4 of them into one as new layers. From then on it was a case of selecting the bits I wanted to keep (mostly just me), inversing the selection and then deleting everything else in that layer. I repeated this for each layer (except the background) et voila. I posted a similar one the other week - Three of me at the breakfast table. Somewhere in that thread was a link to a tutorial, I'll have a look and see if I can find it and then link it here too.

There's some great shots appearing here, all good enough to tempt me into having a go at a 'proper' self portrait....... Will have a play at the weekend.

EDITED to include link to tutorial - http://www.extratuts.com/how-to-make-your-twins-photoshop-tutorial

Last edited:
3477521968_b1d4df04c7.jpg

An oldie but not got too many selfie's ..... Bar the Movember one :LOL:

I needed a team photo for a science communication project and had no spare body who knew what they were doing. First time using the mac with Sofortbild to preview the images (set it to take a pic every 12 seconds). It was quite entertaining.

team pic by davidmamartin, on Flickr

Of course, someone commented on another forum that it looked like the trailer for a short run BBC sit-com, which led to someone else ahving a it of a go..

science.jpg

Saw this thread and I didn't have a suitable picture, so I went and took this one earlier...

IMG_9565.jpg

IMG_4462RAW_v10b

a quickr pickr

I've got to compliment you on that one, Jeff.

Very clever edit.

Last edited:
coohullin said:
Ok, I'll play along....self portraits I have got!

Hi Coohulin,
I really love the effects on these B&W shots. I am very new to the DSLR world and have a Nikon D3000. Could you please talk me through on how to achieve these shots as I would like to experiment and get similar results at dome point.
Thanks and well done.

Back