The official self portrait thread for everyone

photo91.JPG

:)

Ok then, here is me :)

meeee.jpg

DSC_0872-Copy.jpg

theloveofmylife-2.jpg

Hi all,

I have to take a self portrait for college work but i wanted to do something odd.

I see that external flash is used a fair bit & i think im limited with the 400D to take multi exposure (i know a few current camera's able you to do this)

Any tips or tricks will be handy! :)

Digital Clarity

Mr Pants

Fabs

^ I like your work :)

Gear

400D
50mm
Kit lens
Sigma 70-300
Tripod

Sorry but after seeing some of the others on this thread mines a bit boring!! Mind you, must just say Salma, Damn your cute girl!!!(y)
head.jpg

Hi all,

I have to take a self portrait for college work but i wanted to do something odd.

I see that external flash is used a fair bit & i think im limited with the 400D to take multi exposure (i know a few current camera's able you to do this)

Any tips or tricks will be handy! :)

Digital Clarity

Mr Pants

Fabs

^ I like your work :)

Well, thank you.

As far as tips or tricks go, the best piece of advice I've ever seen regarding anything creative is to keep a notebook and as soon as you have even the germ of an idea, write it down before it escapes. Then you can refine the idea and work on how you can realise it.

Regarding actually getting the shot, a timer remote is just about the best thing ever, but not necessarily a cheap thing.

I despise photos of myself usually (and this one no less than any other) but I enjoy the concept of it so here it is. Shot for a college project, a little like the shots with multiple exposures of one person in the same room but with a little twist ;) It's painfully soft as this was shot with my Tamron 18-200mm before I got my new Canon 17-55.

5408991048_cce10395e6_z.jpg

Some really stunning photographs on this thread too, I have no idea how people can take such detailed and well lit photographs of themselves without being able to look through the viewfinder. I often use remote shooting and live view on my laptop when attempting mine and I still fail miserably.

Some great shots on here.

I'm not really one for self portraits but here's the closest thing I have - looking a bit 'Grizzly Adams' after a few weeks in Knoydart.

Ixus Compact at arms length

4037413497_f6b36b85aa_z.jpg

and a recent sad timer effort

2380083875_e1a49d2547.jpg

Last edited:
Terrific thread. Some really good/fun looking peeps. Wouldn't normally do something like this but, what the heck!

Here's moi!

5464585185_89077d5a0d_z.jpg
[/url] ME! by RTL:), on Flickr[/IMG]

And...

5104016569_9816ae0c91_z.jpg
[/url] DSC_0253-2.jpg by RTL:), on Flickr[/IMG]

Time to dig this one out again I think.

DSC00006-1.jpg

JESUS H CHRIST!
It's a good job I already know you Marc, there is no way I would attend a meet after seeing that!! :D

What about 3? :D

Day16.jpg

Marc please stop it, you'll scare the kids and give me bloody nightmares! :D
Nice technique though.

In for a penny as they say and since I'm the prime target at the TP meets...

5479992543_85fd3f5987_o.jpg

I knew the Canon 10-22 would come in handy

Heres mine. I did it for my college homework.

Portraithomework4.jpg
[/IMG]

Back