the parting of the ways

Hi Geof

I like the texture and tones in the foreground on this one. (You seem to have posted quite a few B&W lately is that what you are concentrating on at the moment?)

Compositionally, and especially given the title, I think the shot would have been better if the actual fork in the track could be included - maybe there was some reason why it couldn't. At the moment there is the possibility that they are two separate tracks which happen to be close together. That would then allow the tracks to take up more of the image - which would make sense (to me).

That would also help to deal with the (what appears to be) blown part of the sky in the upper middle-ish bit.

There is something bright at the RH side of the group of bushes in the foreground and I can' t make out what it is (and the link doesn't work when you click on the image - says it is a private account) so maybe that would be better removed, or at least toned down a bit.

When I have been scrolling up and down to see the image whilst commenting, it struck me that if you crop it just above the bushes on the RHS then you actually have a pretty good scene, as you have the very good foreground and the best of the sky:)

Back