The sea in turmoil

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Sunday night at the beach again as there was finally a promise of some light and while the light was OK the sea was on fine form with six foot waves crashing on the rocks.

Here is what I shot.

Parton-wave-turmoil by alf.branch, on Flickr

and again in mono

Parton-wave-turmoil-mono by alf.branch, on Flickr

All comments welcome.

Excellent shots,love the colour one.:)

Thankyou all for the comments.

Colour version all the way.
Cracker.

Both brilliant, No 1 commercially and No 2 artistically, really nice work Alf,

Geoff

Glad to see someone appreciates the mono shot.

Colour for me also:)

Thanks Graham and John glad you like it.

I prefer the mono, nice conversion and I think it adds the the movement in the water!

Thanks John its good to see more than one person appreciate the mono version.

I'm with the mono too, much more moody. Nice shot.

Thanks Stephen I am pleased with the mono

Very nice, colour for the win.

Thanks Craig

I really like the mono, but do find the splash of colour in the sky edges it for me. It's always good to see a nice b&w and the texture in the water and sky really lend themselves to it, but that fabulous colour makes it!

Thanks Alan Glad you seem to like both.

Prefer the colour although they both work.

Thanks mate.

Colour works a lot better. I like the composition and stormy dynamic look, but can't miss the blown highlights in the sky and a rather too dark cloud on the left.

Thanks for the comment.
The highlughts are not technically blown and were not in the RAW file but I agree it very bright.

I quite like the balance of dark and light. I really need to get my backside to the Cumbrian coast. Like the length of exposure. Works well.

I quite like the balance of dark and light. I really need to get my backside to the Cumbrian coast. Like the length of exposure. Works well.

Thanks Mark glad you like it.

I could do with getting inland a bit more too.

hope you don't mind I did a little bit for you so you can se what I mean also did a little dodging and burning to bring it up more ( maybe a tad to dark )

15509787167_791d369fc8_c.jpg

Last edited:
hope you don't mind I did a little bit for you so you can se what I mean also did a little dodging and burning to bring it up more ( maybe a tad to dark )

15509787167_791d369fc8_c.jpg

Paul
I dont mind. It is not what I would do but it is interesting to see what others see in a scene and how they would treat an image.

Back