The SELECTIVE COLOUR (oh no!) thread

Some great coloursplashes on here.....but why do so many people I talk with seem to be against the idea? To my eye, they work really well!

Here's one I tried from last year.....

butterflycoloursplashR_zpsa869d32a.jpg

....and one from earlier this year.

IMGP0755BW_zps64cd8e59.jpg

....and finally, one from this week!

IMGP4566c.jpg

I can't resist. This was taken last year, won't be long before they are up again.

fly-aragic03.jpg

I'll play. How about a cheetah.

125910684.jpg

I love this picture. Looks ethereal, like at any moment it will burst into a billion particles and reform into something else. I've seen the effect around here somewhere but can't remember what it was called.

looks more orange than the yellow I would have expected for an NYC taxi?

i havnt changed the colour other than choose it as the part of the image i wanted in colour, as i remember thats how i remember seeing the taxi's i might be wrong though lol

step72 said:
i havnt changed the colour other than choose it as the part of the image i wanted in colour, as i remember thats how i remember seeing the taxi's i might be wrong though lol

I've just had a thought this picture was taken on a open top bus with a glass screen in front of me don't know if that would of effected the colours ???

Could well have done.....

I took it into Photshop and used replace colour tool, sampling of the rear door, and changed hue and saturation as below.... and that's more what I'd expect?

Fullscreen_capture_24012013_131237_bmp.jpg

overbez said:
Could well have done.....

I took it into Photshop and used replace colour tool, sampling of the rear door, and changed hue and saturation as below.... and that's more what I'd expect?

Yeah I think your right just had a look thru the rest of the pictures that was taken in ny and the taxi's are more of a match to the yellow in your edit than in the original nice one thanks

only just got the chance to look at your edit properly on a bigger screen and i have to say thats way to yellow ill post a few snap shots in a bit with some more taxis in so you can compare

thanks again

Back