The Shard at Night

I like the way all the lines are converging to the building. I'd have toned down orange tones though. I'd have probably added a blue filter in pp.

I like the way all the lines are converging to the building. I'd have toned down orange tones though. I'd have probably added a blue filter in pp.

Thanks (y)

There is certainly a lot of yellow/orange and I should have said before but I did actually tone this down already in LR. The final colours wont be for everyone for sure...

Thanks again for taking the time to comment. (y)

I took a similar shot albeit in portrait earlier on in the year. I found portrait gave less scope for the leaning building look and shot a little earlier on in the evening so had purple/blue colours which I prefer to the orange reds which come from light pollution.

I took a similar shot albeit in portrait earlier on in the year. I found portrait gave less scope for the leaning building look and shot a little earlier on in the evening so had purple/blue colours which I prefer to the orange reds which come from light pollution.

Thanks for info... I did have some light pollution that I removed from the sky only but this place is full of reds, oranges and yellows so not so much light pollution but just the light that was there at the time.

I agree though, taking the shot at different times of day would certainly provide different tones....i should go back earlier one day and see how it turns out. Would like to see how yours turned out..got a link?

I guess the advantage of going at night was that most of the people walking by were removed from the shot with the longer exposure.

Thanks again for dropping by.(y)

It's certainly a great idea but apart from the orange/red tones, the only other little niggle I have is the fact that the Shard itself seems a good bit out of focus.

I'm not photoshop genius by any stretch of the imagination but I'm sure there would be some way to blend two images - this one and a nice sharp one of the Shard in the background?

It's certainly a great idea but apart from the orange/red tones, the only other little niggle I have is the fact that the Shard itself seems a good bit out of focus.

I'm not photoshop genius by any stretch of the imagination but I'm sure there would be some way to blend two images - this one and a nice sharp one of the Shard in the background?

Thanks Gary. Not really out of focus but more a mixture of the Shard not having as much clarity due to the long exposure night shot and the shot losing sharpness due to downsizing. It looks much better at 100%.

Thanks for info... I did have some light pollution that I removed from the sky only but this place is full of reds, oranges and yellows so not so much light pollution but just the light that was there at the time.

I agree though, taking the shot at different times of day would certainly provide different tones....i should go back earlier one day and see how it turns out. Would like to see how yours turned out..got a link?

I guess the advantage of going at night was that most of the people walking by were removed from the shot with the longer exposure.

Thanks again for dropping by.(y)

Sorry for the delay been away but yep here's a link http://www.flickr.com/photos/brazo76/8728692847/

Back