Critique The Squigly Bridge - Glasgow

Like the squiggly bridge has many interesting viewpoints

Reactions: ST4
1. Ok. 5-10min earlier would be perfect.
2. Needs some sky and youth model with a knife on the bridge for added interest
3. Vanishing point is right on the left edge. Do you have another crop?
4/5. Nothing special - may do for the internal publication of these companies

Reactions: ST4
They are all getting dumped. 3 is uncropped, with 2, I doubt I want to hold £2500 of gear with said yoof, hooded and knife equipped quite so close.

I've got non night versions of 2

_DSC0452 (1) by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

No knify yoof, despite the area being quite knifey as the time gets on. Use this light to shoot one.

I need to reshoot here, a still river would give the images so much more impact and properly usable porfolio ones with a reflection and decent light

Last edited:
They are all getting dumped. 3 is uncropped, with 2, I doubt I want to hold £2500 of gear with said yoof, hooded and knife equipped quite so close.

I've got non night versions of 2

_DSC0452 (1) by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

No knify yoof, despite the area being quite knifey as the time gets on. Use this light to shoot one.

I need to reshoot here, a still river would give the images so much more impact and properly usable porfolio ones with a reflection and decent light

You could do a selfie from tripod with remote :) I would try myself but it would look too scary even for Glasgow :LOL:

I'd just get arrested, possesion of a knife etc. See when the river is still again in winter, I will reshoot here.

Could you let the blue lights know about the shoot and arrange to do it safely? Or just photoshop the knife in later?

Not sure how river can be still but hopefully you are right

Could you let the blue lights know about the shoot and arrange to do it safely? Or just photoshop the knife in later?

Not sure how river can be still but hopefully you are right

Tides innit. Probably twice a day the river is proper still, it is in these conditions you want to shoot, just after high tide IIRC.

this is under 1 mi upstream of here

_DSC0347 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Once I get nice blue hour light at the Squigly bridge, with still water, and then some still water in blue hour up at the Glasgow science centre plus a few more takes of the squinty bridge, my glasgow portfolio is complete.

Back