The stare!

Jao

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
15505886792_2ab6c82d14_b.jpg

Hmm, not sure if this works for me, sorry. I think with the title I was expecting an intense stare into the camera. There's a bit too much space at the top of the image too for me. It's a nice portrait though, but more 'pensive' IMHO. :)

Hmm, not sure if this works for me, sorry. I think with the title I was expecting an intense stare into the camera. There's a bit too much space at the top of the image too for me. It's a nice portrait though, but more 'pensive' IMHO. :)

Lynda, don't apologise, feedback and constructive criticism always welcome, title is probably misleading and a tighter framing would have emphasised the subject more. Thanks for taking the time to comment, portraiture is a an area I need to develop more.

While I can see the attraction of maybe cropping the top down to the corner of the doorway just on the right above her, I think this is a lovely shot. My first thought was that the bright background might be a distraction, but my eye was always drawn back to her face. Not so sure about the clenched fist, but I guess you were capturing a moment rather than asking her to pose.

Liking the composition, especially the way the forearm holds the image secure, by extending from the corner. I like the balance, although I do agree that there is a touch too much free headroom. If this is cropped from a larger image, perhaps a squarer crop would look different.
A lovely pensive, thoughtful pose.

Back