The Thames at Abingdon

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from Saturday morning from St Helen's wharf at Abingdon

1. Waiting for the Sun to come up

Waiting for Sunrise by littlenorty, on Flickr

2. Had the idea of getting the sun coming up between the houses for a while now, luckily enough had a decent morning

The Sun Peeps up over Abingdon Bridge by littlenorty, on Flickr

3. Been inspired by JakeT1992 use of the Little Stopper so just got one and I had to give it a try

East St Helens Wharf by littlenorty, on Flickr

Thanks for taking the time to look, any comments good and bad most welcome

Reactions: ST4
A delightful set, and I find #3 particularly charming- the subtle cast of the colours, the hints of life and movement in the foreground water and the background sky framing the stillness and prettiness of the central scene, making for a very pleasing composition.

A delightful set, and I find #3 particularly charming- the subtle cast of the colours, the hints of life and movement in the foreground water and the background sky framing the stillness and prettiness of the central scene, making for a very pleasing composition.
Thanks Duncan appreciate the feedback.

Lovely set Graham. Some wonderful colours and reflections. I like the LE effect in the last on the water :)

Thanks Rich

The last one is especially lovely. They each look a little cold on my screen (uncalibrated so the problem could be my end)

Cheers Ian I have a check of the WB when I back o the deskop.

One of your best series. All there are great. Well done
Appreciate that Steve

Nice shots, but three especially nice.

Thank you Andrew

Three beauties again here mate.
Glad I've inspired you too, I love that little rotation in the river in the last one.
Pre dawn sky is really something special too.
Sunrise at Abingdon is another one for my list!

I'd copy sun from 2 into 1 and pop the saturation a little bit. You may as well have both in one place :) You can also decrease exposure very slightly in the reflection - looks a tad brighter than sky to me.

I'd copy sun from 2 into 1 and pop the saturation a little bit. You may as well have both in one place :) You can also decrease exposure very slightly in the reflection - looks a tad brighter than sky to me.

Sure, but then why head out? You can just learn some cool PS techniques and make the image up from scratch.

Three beauties again here mate.
Glad I've inspired you too, I love that little rotation in the river in the last one.
Pre dawn sky is really something special too.
Sunrise at Abingdon is another one for my list!

Cheers Jake, let us know when you popping down Im only 5 mins away.

Thanks for the feedback, probably a bit beyond my p&p skills at the minute :)

Back