The Tilted Barrel

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Pint anyone? :D

tilted.jpg

oh wow, thats wierd, I like that I really do. Wonder if the floors are level inside, its like a really wierd optical illusion and it makes your eyes go funny, weeee.

Great work (y)

LOL. It's a bit of a local landmark and due to mining subsidence years ago. I haven't been in there for yonks and then you had to walk uphill to the bar!

I'm told they've now levelled the floors inside which is a bit of a shame, although perhaps not for the regulars. :p

all pubs look like that to me when i come out of them

Great shot, My world looks like that most of the time!!!!!!!!!! Remember my shots of the Maldives? not a single straight horizon.

Makes me feel ill just looking at it!

Builder claims construction well within todays standard tolerances.

You can tell they've levelled it out now - the couch that you can see through the tilted window is actually straight.

Is that the one where the barman bets he can roll a coin up the sloping bar? If it is then the inside is even more skew than outside - not the place to go for a heavy session!

Is that the one where the barman bets he can roll a coin up the sloping bar? If it is then the inside is even more skew than outside - not the place to go for a heavy session!

I think that's The Crooked House, which Glo mentioned earlier in the thread. :)

Good find CT. Something very different..:)

Well I didn't exactly 'find' it Tim, I've known about it for years, and it's right opposite the tyre fitters I use. I had to get a slow puncture fixed that day and remembered to grab the camera on the way out. :woot:

I wanted to take a lot more shots but the road is so busy the traffic made it impossible.

I wonder if it's a listed building? :coat:

Back