The tops of the building!

You've got to love the level of detail there you just don't get that on modern buildings that is artwork in itself, where's as modern buildings are nearly always so functional with not real consideration to form...not always of course :) it is a crying shame however that the sky is totally burnt out and your actually loosing some of the chimney pots into it too :(

Matt

You've got to love the level of detail there you just don't get that on modern buildings that is artwork in itself, where's as modern buildings are nearly always so functional with not real consideration to form...not always of course :) it is a crying shame however that the sky is totally burnt out and your actually loosing some of the chimney pots into it too :(

Matt

Thanks for taking the time to comment.....but....

Burnt out?
It was a clear blue sky.....what colour do you think it should go when converted to mono out of interest?

Thanks for taking the time to comment.....but....

Burnt out?
It was a clear blue sky.....what colour do you think it should go when converted to mono out of interest?

I'd expect it to go a light grey, if you look at far right chimney pot it's starting to dissapear into the sky, unless that stack happened to be painted the same colour as the sky it is a clear sign that the sky is over exposed

I'd expect it to go a light grey, if you look at far right chimney pot it's starting to dissapear into the sky, unless that stack happened to be painted the same colour as the sky it is a clear sign that the sky is over exposed

So I should have based my exposure for the subject, being the stonework at the top of the building, on a single chimney pot being hit by direct sunlight from the right which I could nt avoid being in the image, but which was not the subject?

With respect....

Or you could have bracketed. No need to be daft and put obstacles in the way.

He was trying to help after all.

Back