The Ultimate Rock Experience

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
My local music shop has a teaching academy and they asked me to cover the above event being held for the first time this year. The pupils (mostly schoolkids) had four days of intensive tuition as a band and on the final day they were taken to a recording studio to record three songs which were then cut to disc. It was then back to the academy where a stretch limo whisked them off to the Hertford Marquee for a live gig attended by family and friends. I popped in a couple of times during the week to get shots of them rehearsing and then shot the final day from start to finish.

Some of the kids were not much bigger than their guitars and it was a fantastic experience for them with seasoned musicians on hand at all times. I was expecting the gig to be a bit like a school band affair but it was well run and all the bands did really well, rising to the occasion and putting on a memorable show, it felt good from my perspective so as a parent it must have been fantastic.

Here are a few shots from the gig.

Herts of Gold, the drummer only started playing four weeks ago and did a superb job:

CBG0045.jpg

I can just about see over the drums!

CBG0026.jpg

The little guy is only nine but a very good player, it was funny seeing him next to the 6'5" band member:

CBG0112.jpg

CBG0085.jpg

CBG0164.jpg

This guy made me laugh, he was the spitting image of Neil from the Young Ones - he even sounded like him!

CBG0192.jpg

Hacker said:
This guy made me laugh, he was the spitting image of Neil from the Young Ones - he even sounded like him!
Looks a bit like Ozzy too, really like the 4th, pick of the bunch for me :)

All great shots. Something for the kids to treasure! Hope they remember you when they're famous....

Sounds like a fab day. Shots #4 and #6 work the best for me. I think the mono treatment suits them well.

great day by the look of it, good stuff

Back