The Warsaw Skyline More shots added

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a couple of shots of the Warsaw skyline. The main building is the Palace of Culture and Science a gift from the Kremlin on a dull day it not very pretty.

Here is is in the morning sun.

Warsaw skyline in the morning 2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Here it is at night taken handheld with the XZ-1 grabbed quickly while out for the evening.

Warsaw Skyline at night by alf.branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks for that mate.

Love both photos just a shame that #1 isn't a bit sharper (dof seems to be too shallow). Also I would try and straighten up the buildings (remove the distortion).

Love both of those

Love both photos just a shame that #1 isn't a bit sharper (dof seems to be too shallow). Also I would try and straighten up the buildings (remove the distortion).

Thanks its not a lack of Dof as this was shot on a 12mm lens at f11 focused manually to maximise Dof but I think I softened the image in RAw processing. I have had a nother go.

Love both of those

Thanks

Warsaw skyline in the morning 4 by alf.branch, on Flickr

A shot from the viewing balcony the day before

Warsaw skyline from Palace of Culture and Science by alf.branch, on Flickr

A shot of the balcony

Warsaw Palace of Culture and Science 1 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Great shots - the first one is lovely and warm, well composed with a great sky. Night shot is ok, but a little tightly cropped for me with the spire cut off and fairly distracting lamp post, although I appreciate this was a grab shot whilst out. Really like the last one you have added with all its lines, may look even better in mono?

Great shots - the first one is lovely and warm, well composed with a great sky. Night shot is ok, but a little tightly cropped for me with the spire cut off and fairly distracting lamp post, although I appreciate this was a grab shot whilst out. Really like the last one you have added with all its lines, may look even better in mono?

Thanks for that I will look at mono on the last shot.

Nice work alf! It's a shame that the last one has been tagged all over, especially as it's the palace of culture. I'd like to see it with the tagging gone, the cameras gone, the bin gone and a bit of light to the top, would look a lot more timeless that way!

Both IMHO great shots and good exposures. Really interesting to see Warsaw and not st all what I expected

Steve Warsaw is a nice place especially the old town. The old town is not old as it was flattened in WW2 and then rebuilt.

Nice work alf! It's a shame that the last one has been tagged all over, especially as it's the palace of culture. I'd like to see it with the tagging gone, the cameras gone, the bin gone and a bit of light to the top, would look a lot more timeless that way!

I know what you mean about the tags etc Jake but thats what the place is.

It's a nice idea but there's some distortiond going on.

Have you got more, it's a good thread and a not often if ever posted city?

Thanks Steve
I was only there 24 hours this time but I have been before there are other shots.

Was only there a couple of weeks ago, great place :)

I have been twice now and I enjoyed it.

Alf, I really like the first sky line picture, quite a lot of dynamic range doing on, a soft grad filter might have helped eek some more exposure on the bottom.

Thanks Steve and your right but when on holiday with SWMBO spending the extra much time on my togging is difficult.

Back