The wife with the 150-500

Looks like it has really done a good job and you have got a very good copy there. Something I have been meaning to try.

Nice and sharp.

That looks as if it's got a bit of bite to it David, (I am of coarse referring to the lens).:):)

George.

You're killing me here David!

Lovely shot there and miles better than any of the people shots I took with my 150-500. Maybe I had a bad copy? Oh wait ...

:)

Nice and sharp.

Thanks Kev :)

That looks as if it's got a bit of bite to it David, (I am of coarse referring to the lens).:):)

George.

Wouldn't be far wrong if you were talking about the missus... :D
You're killing me here David!

Lovely shot there and miles better than any of the people shots I took with my 150-500. Maybe I had a bad copy? Oh wait ...

:)

Haha, sorry mate. Can't wait for some sunny days, always liked taking portraits with telephoto lenses so this one should be awesome for it.

Nice shot.
I thought from the title it was your wife shooting with the lens :rolleyes:

I doubt she'd be able to handle such a big thing, she's only used to tiddlers...

Very nice natural shot :)

Thanks mate. :)
Looks like it has really done a good job and you have got a very good copy there. Something I have been meaning to try.

Definately give it a go Bryn, i can't recommend it enough! Do you have this lens also? How do you find it?

180 @ f5.3 mate, iso 1250 and 1/320.

Thanks, I have a Sigma 70-300 which gives similar results. Wonder what it would be like at 500mm? You might need to work out a hand signal for 'smile' though as you'd be a fair distance away!

Last edited:
Yeah I've got the lens I used it last summer for dragon flies and butterflies I'm flight forgot to try using it for portraits.

Like the lens just have to be careful of lower shutter speeds.

Saw this on FB - really lovely, David. Can't work out who Lily looks more like... you or your wife...

Cheers me dears. :) Lily was a dead ringer for me when she was born but she's now taken more of Laura's looks which is a good thing! And she's been spared the ginger hair which is a win. :D (thought i'd say it before you do...)

Ginger hair on kids is soooo cute. Ginger facial hair is just weird though. :p

Nice shot David - I find that using a long lens for my family shots works really well. The point is that I can stand well away and capture the shot. This really allows people to be themselves and relax - most of the time they don't even know I have taken a photo.

Some of my best family shots have been taken at above 400mm.

Dave.

Back