JDS_8904.jpg

JDS_8899.jpg

JDS_8888.jpg

JDS_8885.jpg

As good as I could manage :D

no 4 does it
the others have to much interference and not enough boat...erm ship

good sharp images

Nice sharp images, agree with MrCrow on No.4 capturing the whole liner in frame.

Tried the same view myself but wasn't happy with the obstructed view so went over to the 'other side' for a better look. Here's a few and so glad the weather was nice!

#1 - too much cropped off the front... :(

#2 - Still prefer seeing the Isle of Man catamaran, it looks so nice and speedy!

Did a good panoramic too of the complete waterfront but not much chance of getting a 68MB image uploaded anytime soon!

when does a boat become a ship?

That is a huge cruise liner - i still don't get why people would want to go on one though!!!!!

Really like #1 Julian, great juxtaposition between the size of the ship and the size of the building, really looms over it!

#2 almost works as well, but I think it might be better as an abstract with just a straight-on view of the balconies filling the frame, I dunno.

Not long til the Liverpool meet now eh. :)

when does a boat become a ship?

That is a huge cruise liner - i still don't get why people would want to go on one though!!!!!

i worked as an apprentice in a shipyard...we worked on new boats and ship repairs...:thinking:

Technically when it is over 20m in length. (y)

A fishing boat is always a fishing boat regardless of size ;)

I've seen 'The world' a few times down here in Fowey and its massive, you don't really get a sense of scale from the images

Back