There's A Poppy Fest Going On...

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys, if any of you live near enough, or fancy the drive, get to Shrewsbury, A528, Harmer Hill this weekend and below is the spectacular sight you will be greeted by!
All taken with the 50mm F1.4 ...Oh! for some filters and a wide angle lens!!!

For-Web.jpg

Picture-268421-web.jpg

Picture-26860-web.jpg

Lovely shots Glo. I like the blue mingled in with the red, looks really nice.
The fields of blue kill me - whatever it is, I'm allergic to it, and sends my hayfever into overdrive, so i'll admire it from my pc :)

Thanks for your comments Mini.
Ive never seen such stunning fields as this Poppy & Cornflowers.
Couldnt get into the Flax field, am pretty glad now youve told me about the hayfever thing, though I got through a box of tissues as it was on the way home, anyway, lol!

Second one for me. You've done well shooting into the light there. (y)

1st and 2nd are my faves, well done (y)
Rich

I think the blue is linseed. It's being grown a lot around here now.
Absolutely beautiful shots..............you cant beat wild stuff what a phrase...POPPY FEST... I love it!

Beautiful sights ... love them all but Nr.2 is the real corker !

Well spotted, well taken and TFS IG ... (y)

jesus H christ, cracking shots, if we were closer i would go there on tuesday, but its just too far. The last one is a field of Linseed, lovely colour, shame you couldn't get a close up.
TFS

Cracking shots, my favourite is #2, terrific.

Hi Glo,

You've pulled out the stops on these...:clap:

These are absolutely fantastic, love shots of poppy fields, no2 fav closely followed by no.1, also like 3.
Just checked autoroute, might take a drive down from Chester, either this weekend or early next week.
Im so impressed going to drop you a pm to see if I can buy a full res copy of nos 1 & 2 to go on our wall. :clap: :clap: :clap:
are you able to give precise location, either ordance survey grid ref, or any other details so I can find it if I drive down.

Nice set Glo, no2 for me also fllowed by no2

Holy thread revival batman. :eek:

The shots are still every bit as impressive today as they were in 2006 of course. :D

didn't notice the date, still great shots, maybe won't be driving down then :(

Great shots Glo, #2 for me - excellent.
I took some poppy shots on the way home tonight, saw these & thought damn ! I've been beaten to it, & then I realized - by 2 yrs !!
:annoyed:

Who said the countryside is green.... lovely shots Glo (y)

yup-real beauties! good job, very colorful= )

Just been out at lunchtime to take similar shots in a field next to the office - been admiring the poppies all week, then got heavy rain yesterday, but thankfully recovered by today. First pics with the 5d so can't wait to get them off the card tonight :D

Holy thread revival batman. :eek:

The shots are still every bit as impressive today as they were in 2006 of course. :D

He! he!
Ta muchly for the feedback peeps & the hooge compliments Kevin, I cant tell you how flattered I am :D
Just shows how versatile the 50mm lens really is!

I went back there the other day with my 17-40mm in the hope that the field was in bloom again, but no such luck.
Ive never seen a Poppy field as beautiful as this was, and unfortunately so far this year ... I havent even seen a Poppy field :shake:

Be grateful to hear if anyone else knows of any (y)

These were some of the first shots out of my new 5d - taken very quickly one lunchtime, the rest of the field is grass so a bit boring (no cornflowers :( )

gallery_13_73_113175.jpg

med_gallery_13_73_72197.jpg

I really like the 2nd shot :clap:

I need to get out this weekend and find me a poppy field.

Removed - wrong thread!!

Lush poppy action here - all very pretty shots!

Matt

Nice set Glo. Love those blue cornflowers with the poppies if that's what they are. (y)

Back