This afternoon in the garden: Barkfly, eggy, larval, and winged:

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Few from today in the garden - it's surprising what there is to be found if I look very very hard - even though some I am not too sure what they are occasionally!

Exif on all:
Copyright: Paul Iddon - A View of the UK
Camera: Canon EOS 70D
Lens: EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/250 sec, f/8, ISO 125

Barkfly on a leaf of the apple tree:

Little fly or wasp:

Eggs of something?

One of these then perhaps?

Some larva of something:

Paul.

Excellent set the one after the eggs is an aphid so much give you something to search for egg wise.

The little wasp is something I find lots of and have been given ID a million times will dig it out and let you know.

Yet another great set Paul with some very good colours and composition. Great stuff.(y)

George.

another good set paul. Its too windy here :( glad to see people still getting lots of bugs.

Very windy here too. Tail end of the Bermuda hurricane pushing across...

Excellent set the one after the eggs is an aphid so much give you something to search for egg wise.

The little wasp is something I find lots of and have been given ID a million times will dig it out and let you know.

Cheers Bryn m8. There are just too many waspy ones...

Yet another great set Paul with some very good colours and composition. Great stuff.(y)

George.

Thank you kindly George.

:)

Paul.

Great set Paul and those eggs could well be the eggs of an aphid. I guess they'll have switched to egg laying about now (as opposed to "live births" in spring) to overwinter as eggs, so could well be.

Number 2 could be a sawfly, not sure about the last. Seems to have a definite "head" so don't think it will be a diptera larvae (they all look more like maggots to me).

Great set Paul and those eggs could well be the eggs of an aphid. I guess they'll have switched to egg laying about now (as opposed to "live births" in spring) to overwinter as eggs, so could well be.

Number 2 could be a sawfly, not sure about the last. Seems to have a definite "head" so don't think it will be a diptera larvae (they all look more like maggots to me).

Cheers Tim - as long as they can be photographed, they're all fair game at this time of year. As it gets colder, us beggars can't be choosers and I'll take what's there, lol..

Paul.

Back