Thought I'd found a really cheap way of macro

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
But alas the bright idea failed miserably :(
A friend lent me his binoculars so I unscrewed the big ends & thought I could hold them in front of the camera lens to get a Raynox type of set up on the cheap :banana:

And even better if I put two together but but but but it was a failure. I managed to hold one, & took a few close ups, but kept dropping the extra (binocular) bit :(

Ah well back to the drawing board :)

Agree with Bryn - you gotta try these things.

I've got a big projector lens. No good for macro, but you can get some surreal effects through it.

Last edited:
After taking a few insect shots I realise I need some bits for my camera (on the cheap) & that my compact (Canon G15) is taking much close/better shots than my DSLR so I need to put my hand in my pockets now I've been so well informed by you guys & gals :)

Agree with Bryn - you gotta try these things.

I've got a big projector lens. No good for macro, but you can get some surreal effects through it.

Indeed & in my case it's a case of getting my head around needing to get into stuff I can take & not beat myself up about stuff I used to take but can't now :)

Talk about cheap, I took the laser lens out of a cd rom player to play around with on my phone. I have some photos somewhere I think but shows fun can be had with all sorts of cameras and lenses from strange places. ;)

I love experimenting and tinkering. Half my best stuff is with ideas that everyone else thought crazy :) Seriously, keep doing it, for me it's a very large part of the fun!

After taking a few insect shots I realise I need some bits for my camera (on the cheap) & that my compact (Canon G15) is taking much close/better shots than my DSLR

That's a bit interesting given what I just wrote in your other thread. :)

Edit: G15. If you don't already know about it, you might want to look at the Lensmate site. I used their stuff with my Canon SX10 bridge camera.

Last edited:
Nick thanks for link & looks interesting I will have a read tomorrow (y)

But alas the bright idea failed miserably :(
A friend lent me his binoculars so I unscrewed the big ends & thought I could hold them in front of the camera lens to get a Raynox type of set up on the cheap :banana:

And even better if I put two together but but but but it was a failure. I managed to hold one, & took a few close ups, but kept dropping the extra (binocular) bit :(

Ah well back to the drawing board :)

Oh there's ya problem John, a DRAWING BOARD has no place in Photography mate- you Need a camera and a lens

Les :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Les what can I say about your humour :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Les what can I say about your humour :rolleyes:

animated-smileys-taunting-05.gif

Now there's no need for that John :eek:

Bottoms at this time of the morning?!!:eek::eek::banana:

I do apologise if I cause you any offence & will immediately remove them straightaway'ish if I have - the bottoms that is :p

Back