Tiger Cranefly stack

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Alby incredible work - you must be very patient & from a camera that indeed is very modest so thanks for showing us what can be done 'on the cheap' (y)

Amazing Alby. Think we need to have a macro on the cheap sticky as I have seen so many say help me buy a macro lens and most seemingly believe its the only entry in this wonderful section.

That's pretty cool mate! Reminded me of Skokholm back last year.
Trust you're keeping well?
Hi Rhod I'm good thanks and trust you are too. Skokholm was great wasn't it? You still shooting macro?

Thanks all for passing by, I do very much appreciate all your comments.
As I said I used the fz8 for this shot but now my Daughter has just given me her old fz38 so will be trying that out as soon as the accessory tube arrives from China. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's stunning Alby excellent detail:)
I've never seen one of those
When I went to Skokholm they were everywhere as Rhod jogged my memory, that was July so should be coming to a place near you soon Pete. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely shot Alby

Great clarity and detail Alby.

How many shots formed the stack?

I really like the contrast between subject and background.

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Gorgeous stack and lovely lighting. Really cool looking cranefly to boot! Usually I would do everything I could to avoid a black background but here it works very well; echoing the blacks in the insect nicely and keeping the colour palette to a minimum resulting in a really nice, clean image.

When I went to Skokholm they were everywhere as Rhod jogged my memory, that was July so should be coming to a place near you soon Pete. ;)
I went to skokholm 3 times last year it's a wonderful place :)
I didn't take my macro gear tho I was obsessed with the puffins :D
When we went last July there were a lot of insects including hundreds of small copper butterflies I was kicking myself for not bringing my macro lens

Fantastic shot Alby especially with such modest equipment. The clarity and detail are excellent

Steve

Thanks chaps glad you like ;)
Pete Skokholm is indeed a magical place and well worth taking the macro gear next time.

Back