Critique Tiger cubs grown up

Edit My Images
Yes
nipped up today to the zoo to see how the cubs were getting on (Chester):)
they have grown a lot
Have asked for crit as I'm not sure if I have got the colours right , I'm a bit out of practice with these:D
Id forgotten how tricky it is shooting through wire I missed a few chances before I got the hang of it
the last one is a crop of no 3 I think it looks better

14857065747_c1e31125f6_c.jpg

this one is a three shot pano, i couldn't fit her all in

15040546281_ed67685e6b_c.jpg

15040554281_aecb38618a_c.jpg

14856897859_19922b36cc_c.jpg

Beautiful eye contact in two and three and the colours seem spot on to me.(y) The third shot works very well with the OOF foreground and is nice and sharp where needed, a very good set.

Was there today too.... :)

Nice shots, haven't looked at mine yet I hope they're as good as yours..

Real nice selection Pete.

Beautiful eye contact in two and three and the colours seem spot on to me.(y) The third shot works very well with the OOF foreground and is nice and sharp where needed, a very good set.
Thanks Steve for the C&C glad the colours are ok I often have to adjust it with the tigers:)

A great set :) Love number 3 & 4 for the sharpness of the tiger against the softer background. That wire mesh is always a pain though, wish there was a better option for us. Colour seems fine (on an uncalibrated works monitor though)

Nice set Pete- colour seems fine to me- loving the last shot it has an almost in the wild feel to it

Les ;)

Thanks very much Matt and Les much appreciated
its the grass that never seems to look right glad that it looks good on your screens it must be me tho my screen is calibrated:)

I think the last one is fantastic.
It gives me goosebumps!

its the grass that never seems to look right glad that it looks good on your screens it must be me tho my screen is calibrated:)
Very nice Pete :)
they do look a a "tad" flat on my monitor. But thats only a hyper-criticism.

As for the grass, it is a little "saturated" (#1 &#2)
if you have the option, you can selectively turn it down, by selecting the greens and altering the "blacks"
That wont affect the Tiger.
Obviously altering the yellows will though.

Wow they have grown up quick, really evil look in the eyes (y)

I think the last one is fantastic.
It gives me goosebumps!
Thanks Ruth it didn't look that good on the back of the camera but when I saw it on the computer screen I was made up:)
Very nice Pete :)
they do look a a "tad" flat on my monitor. But thats only a hyper-criticism.

As for the grass, it is a little "saturated" (#1 &#2)
if you have the option, you can selectively turn it down, by selecting the greens and altering the "blacks"
That wont affect the Tiger.
Obviously altering the yellows will though.

Thanks Chris:)
See what you mean about the contrast will reedit it
do you mean adjusting the green in Lightroom or Photoshop ?
I've never figured out how to adjust a single colour in Lightroom
Wow they have grown up quick, really evil look in the eyes (y)

Yes she does look mean, they are certainly grown up now:)
Amazing creatures these :) love the way you have got their eyes

Thanks very much Ruth, Chris, Ingrid and Tammi really much appreciated:)

Last edited:
Thanks Chris:)
See what you mean about the contrast will reedit it
do you mean adjusting the green in Lightroom or Photoshop ?
I've never figured out how to adjust a single colour in Lightroom
I wouldn't have a clue as far as LR is concerned Pete.
I don't use it seems to fussy to me, when a lot of stuff still needs to be done in PS
(But thats a whole new subject ;) )

if you have CS5 or similar, image >adjustments>selective colour.

I wouldn't have a clue as far as LR is concerned Pete.
I don't use it seems to fussy to me, when a lot of stuff still needs to be done in PS
(But thats a whole new subject ;) )

if you have CS5 or similar, image >adjustments>selective colour.
Thanks Chris that's brilliant :)
I had forgotten how to do it in Photoshop too!
I have recently signed up for adobe CC but to be honest I normally just convert the raw faff about with the white balance in Lightroom and sharpen in Photoshop

Thanks Chris that's brilliant :)
I had forgotten how to do it in Photoshop too!
I have recently signed up for adobe CC but to be honest I normally just convert the raw faff about with the white balance in Lightroom and sharpen in Photoshop
No worries Pete :)
WB can be also done quickly in ACR, just set to to open "all files" in ACR then you can make the same adjustments to Jpeg too, should you decide you need too :)
That can be found under edit > preferences > file handling :)

No worries Pete :)
WB can be also done quickly in ACR, just set to to open "all files" in ACR then you can make the same adjustments to Jpeg too, should you decide you need too :)
That can be found under edit > preferences > file handling :)
Thanks Chris :)

This is probably the best one I managed. I hope you don't mind me posting it? Happy to remove..

Looks really good Glen
don't mind at all
we must have almost bumped into eaxh other I was watching her eat that bone
The colour doesn't look quite right tho but I'm viewing on my phone at the moment:)

Thanks. It was quite busy wasn't it? I was wearing jeans, black jacket, grey Lowepro backpack, navy blue cap and had a Sigma 300mm f/2.8 prime on for this shot, which was taken through the glass in the 'bus shelter'.

Because the light was very flat I did have a play with the sliders in Lightroom to boost things up a bit, so the colours could well be off especially as my red-green colour vision is impaired.. :(

Yes it was very busy I was hoping that it would be quieter in the week
I think I did see you, I was using a 7D and Canon 300 2.8
the glass part is a good spot to shoot from but the glass does have a greenish tinge I always have to fiddle about in lightroom to get the colours right
clear.png

Back