Tiger in KL Zoo

It could do with a sharpen and a slight level boost to make the most of it,
but its cracking portrait :)

As you have edit set to yes,
I did exactly that 5 second edit.
If you don't like it say so and its history :)

View attachment 18711

Kevin, think Chris's edit is better as original seems a little soft to me.

A very nice capture and improved by the edit (y)

I agree, have not got use to using editing tools yet, just enjoying taking the photos, will need to practice more.

What software did you use Mr Magoo.

Last edited:
I would have cleaned up the BG and sharpened a tad more like this edit using Photoshop CS 5

Les ;)

Lovely portrait.
Chris's edit brightens it up nicely, as does Les's, but IMO the cloned areas in Les's edit draw the eye a lot more than the original BG did.

I must admit I like both edits but prefer Chris's as Les's leaves the background too barren, but that's my opinion :D

I agree, have not got use to using editing tools yet, just enjoying taking the photos, will need to practice more.
What software did you use Mr Magoo.
Indeed just enjoy taking the images, the editing will come in time :)
But as you can see it does make quite a difference.
As to soft ware, I use CS5.

I must admit I like both edits but prefer Chris's as Les's leaves the background too barren, but that's my opinion :D
I did think about removing the background too, but decided against it, for that reason.

Wow - its a beautiful photo and really intresting with the same photo how different editing makes it seem so different.

I like Mr. Magoo edit making the colours of the Tiger very vivid

appreciated- that was my intention to make the main subject stand out

Les

Back