Beginner Tiger.

Edit My Images
Yes
Canon 7D - canon 70-200 f4 shot at:
ISO 200
SS: 1/320
F4
70mm

Overall not happy with the composition but there was an awfully large sign on the fence which was just in the way of the shot I wanted and with the lie of the fence line I couldn't move to get the shot without the sign. Best of a bad situation. Any CC welcome as I'm fairly new to photography :)

IMG_5568.JPG

Gremlin16 for some reason the "Tapatalk app" was saying unable to post so I've tried to do it again and again and I've just checked and the whole time it was posting them ??

The interesting part of this image for me is the head and front legs - I would try another crop

Take away the obvious "man made" parts of the image

or if you want to keep the same size, clone out the post

Last edited:
Sometimes you have to concede the "best of a bad situation" aren't particularly good ... but I post them sometimes anyway ;)

Nice pose, but as you say the composition isn't good, especially as stripey is looking out of shot. Not everyone will be bothered by the obvious signs it's a 'captive' subject (as i the title of this sub forum) but when there used to be more frequent interest in this forum, it was favoured to keep them out of the final edit. The fence too is a bit obvious, which could be forgiven if the composition was better.

If you crop this to a portrait orientation or square to just include the head, shoulders and front legs it makes a very nice image IMO.

I do like this Tiger as in its looks but I am agreeing with the cropping of this.
I'm not sure to where to do it from as I think it is going to be a hard to to decide on.
But this is your shot so maybe make a few copies of it and do the cloning out and then a few with different crops on it and see what one you like.
I think the way the feet are is going to make it all that much harder to decide on how far is enough.
But do it to why you like it as you have to be happy with it mainly.

Back