Time to show off. Lets all see your favourite Images from 2014

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Post your favourite animal shots here folks.
It doesn't need to be technically correct,
just one that you have taken this year that you are very proud of.
Maybe post a couple of words as to why its special, too.

Last edited:
I'll kick off with this Mandrill from Wingham, that I took recently.
Why is it special to me?
Its the first time that I have actually got a half decent image
of these gorgeous creatures.

IMG_5993b
by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

I'm rather fond of this one, as the eye contact really pulls me in.

Lion Close-up by Foxgrove Photos, on Flickr

(Bugger...not used to linking from Flickr...can't get it right.)

(Bugger...not used to linking from Flickr...can't get it right.)
Very nice Ruth :)
Click share arrow > BB code > and then select the size from the drop down.
LOOK HERE
:)

Arghhh, managed several I really like on our travels earlier this year so hard to decide on a favourite. However as you know Chris, the amazing disappearing otters at Whipsnade are always a challenge [they don't like me, they usually sod off every time I get near] so the set I got back in march as the sun was sinking I really like and of those, this is probably my favourite. Might need revisiting editing wise, looks a bit too yellowy green but will do that later.

YWP_9906 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Note: re-edited version

Last edited:
However as you know Chris, the amazing disappearing otters at Whipsnade are always a challenge [they don't like me, they usually sod off every time I get near] so the set I got back in march as the sun was sinking I really like and of those, this is probably my favourite. Might need revisiting editing wise, looks a bit too yellowy green but will do that later.
Yep that cost me a pound of spratts for you to get that shot :D

(Tis a bit on the yellowy-green side tbh I'm guessing that's the low light reflecting off the shrubbery though,
as you probably guessed also )

Just for Bryn :D
Actually, I decided a while ago that Red Pandas are my favourite non cat critters, so here's one of the grabs I got at the weekend. It's always nice getting a good clean shot of a Red Panda, but this is the first time i've seen little ones interacting with parents .... technically not very good at all, but it was a fun half hour.

(Tis a bit on the yellowy-green side tbh I'm guessing that's the low light reflecting off the shrubbery though,

Yep, I seem to recall I wanted to retain it because that is how the light was, but on looking again, its affecting the otters too, so perhaps a bit of quick brush work to balance it a bit.

Replaced with a slightly edited version.... so when you going to stop your mandril looking like he is in the arctic? :D

Replaced with a slightly edited version....
Better :)

.... so when you going to stop your mandril looking like he is in the arctic? :D
Just knitting him a scarfe now.
If I warm it up any more he goes jaundiced all down one side, poor thing :(

Last edited:
My favourite is also my most recent from last weekend. I love it because it was a real spur of the moment shot as we were walking and I was trying to capture some ducks nearby.... Amazingly it came out focused![emoji15][emoji23]

cow&Cooper by fergusinglis, on Flickr

Some of my favourites from this year Chris

Baby Rothschild's Giraffe, Paignton Zoo - tongue up nose - what more can I say.

Baby Rothschild's Giraffe, Paignton Zoo by chriswilson4646, on Flickr

Natalia and her mum Chinta at Paignton Zoo - gotta love that tummy.

Baby Orang Utan. Paignton Zoo by chriswilson4646, on Flickr

And a Stellar's Sea Eagle at the HCT Andover - cos cute he ain't.

Steller's Sea Eagle, Hawk Conservancy Trust by chriswilson4646, on Flickr

It's not too early to wish you all a Happy Christmas so there you go - and good shooting in 2015!

As always, thanks for taking the time to look, I really appreciate it.

cheers, cw

Last edited:
Very hard to chose, I have so many, but one of the top contenders has to be the baby elephant at whipsnade

15435515411_4e620698d0_b.jpg

The most magical and one I am proud of doesn't really fit in this section, it was stopping at my local nature reserve on the way home with a new lens
and catching my first kingfisher :)

Last edited:
(y)

but one of the top contenders has to be the baby elephant at whipsnade
Looks like he's making a hoof call rather than a trunk call though :D

Nice selection here. I was hoping to join in the fun and knew of a couple of nice shots of chameleons I got in zoos recently, but when I went back to find them I realised they were taken in 2013.

It's scary how time flies :(

A Mandrill shot for me, a few moments later I caught it jumping and placed 3rd in the Chester Zoo Photography competition, but I preferred this photo.

DSC_8847-Edit.jpg

And this one from West Midlands Safari Park. Not the best photo but the first time I'd done any major cloning and been happy with the results. Cobra gave me some great feedback on the original that got me started (y)

White-Lion.jpg

@Matt-P
Cracking Mandrill shot, and glad to have helped (y)

Mine is this one, taken in Scotland in Feb 2014. It's special to me as it was perfect timing and a bit of luck! The stag in the foreground was walking from right to left and stopped for a split second, looked up and then carried on walking. No-one else in the group got the shot.

Two Stand Proud by Dave Kiddle, on Flickr

View attachment 26840 View attachment 26839 Haven't really had much opportunity to get out this year with the camera, family commitments, even missed the chance to visit Belfast Zoo when I popped over for a long weekend, so a couple from a visit to Marwell Zoo that I really like, plus tried out the 70D.

Last edited:
More cracking images guys (y)

@davekiddle
That was a real opportunity, well caught Dave!
Mind you, I bet that Stag on the high ground on its own,
is a cracking image too, with the snow in the background like that :)

Mine has to be this one. It took a couple of trips to get the shot I had in mind, and as I'm more of a landscape than wildlife photographer I was pleased with this.
And very nice it is to Marie (y)

Think the whole world would agree. :D
Are you feeling OK Bryn?
That is NOT a Red panda :p

(BTW I'm still waiting for a reply to my PM even if its kiss my butt :p)

Are you feeling OK Bryn?
That is NOT a Red panda :p

(BTW I'm still waiting for a reply to my PM even if its kiss my butt :p)

Haha lol

You said I have till after Xmas to decide. Need to think it through.

Haha lol
You said I have till after Xmas to decide. Need to think it through.
No problem, no real deadline, I was just checking you read it that's all ;)

Any questions feel free to PM me in the mean time :)

Not been into photography long, so still finding my feet (and spending too much cash :) )

My fave shot so far has to be my Kingfisher. Spent lots of time searching and waiting then on a dull rainy day it all paid off :)

Still chasing them and get a massive buzz when I see that flash of blue darting past.

Kingfisher - Old Moor RSPB
by davepsemmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Back