today i went to the zoo

Name
joe
Edit My Images
No
hello all, im new here. just want to share some photos that i've taken yesterday at london zoo. all comments welcome :)

2-6.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-1.jpg

9.jpg

11-2.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Hello! :wave:

:welcome: to TP, A nice set of shots there, looks like you had a great day, Tiger shots are my faves, Shame about the cage though, although you would probably have been dinner if it wasn't there! So thats good!!! :D

thx mate lol yeah thats what my brother said when he first saw it as well lol.

there was a glass panel but i couldn't get a nice shot because there was direct light right onto the glass :(

Very nice set, wetsocks! Shame there was glass in between some. And the Iguana's colour temperature seems off a bit.
But what kind of cats are those bickering two with the spots? Can you tell me please?

They are zoo shots. I've got a rule about zoo shots, 'you're taking pictures of animals trapped in cages. They better be bloody perfect or they're a waste of time'. I feel quite strongly about it, and typically phrase it more colourfully :D but didn't want to put you off.

So number 1 is fantastic (although a little soft on the hindquarters) and 7 is alright, as is 8. The rest are not.

2 is unbalanced and faded.

3 is OOF

4 is soft and the composition isn't great

5 & 6 are behind bars

8 is missing a nose

Don't want to be too much of a wet shower, but if you're going to take a picture in a zoo, you typically have to wait about 60 seconds for a half way decent shot to come along. If you can't be arsed to wait 60 seconds, then that's just downright lazy. If the animal in question isn't sitting perfectly, or won't lift it's head for a better pic, then move to the next enclosure, where I guarantee you there will be another photogenic animal.

Very nice set, wetsocks! Shame there was glass in between some. And the Iguana's colour temperature seems off a bit.
But what kind of cats are those bickering two with the spots? Can you tell me please?

thx buddy, yeah it was a shame. btw its a leopard cat lol

They are zoo shots. I've got a rule about zoo shots, 'you're taking pictures of animals trapped in cages. They better be bloody perfect or they're a waste of time'. I feel quite strongly about it, and typically phrase it more colourfully :D but didn't want to put you off.

So number 1 is fantastic (although a little soft on the hindquarters) and 7 is alright, as is 8. The rest are not.

2 is unbalanced and faded.

3 is OOF

4 is soft and the composition isn't great

5 & 6 are behind bars

8 is missing a nose

Don't want to be too much of a wet shower, but if you're going to take a picture in a zoo, you typically have to wait about 60 seconds for a half way decent shot to come along. If you can't be arsed to wait 60 seconds, then that's just downright lazy. If the animal in question isn't sitting perfectly, or won't lift it's head for a better pic, then move to the next enclosure, where I guarantee you there will be another photogenic animal.

wow, thx for the advice Breaker (y)

some really great tips mate! i'll bring my tripod with me next time :naughty:

Back