Tom & Laura // Engagement Session

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Was nice to see a bit of sun for once.

321.jpg

More on the blog: link

What a lovely set Ben. They look really relaxed! You had some great light too by the looks of it. Great stuff.

Great set of images Ben.

The lighting is superb and the couples posing, none of it looked awkward. I got a real sense of connection from them.

Nice one.

What a lovely set Ben. They look really relaxed! You had some great light too by the looks of it. Great stuff.
Great set of images Ben.

The lighting is superb and the couples posing, none of it looked awkward. I got a real sense of connection from them.

Nice one.

Thanks guys! The light was really great, and glad you mentioned they both looked relaxed as they were one of the most nervous couples I've worked with so far.

Really nice work Ben, I think my only criticism would be that I felt the storyboard went on too long and it felt a little repetitive by the end. Its a great set but trimming it down a bit would imo give it more impact.

The processing is a little brown for my liking too but that will be a personal taste thing I think.

Lots of really relaxed looking images though and if they weren't all that comfortable then you did great job in putting them at ease!

Really nice work Ben, I think my only criticism would be that I felt the storyboard went on too long and it felt a little repetitive by the end. Its a great set but trimming it down a bit would imo give it more impact.

The processing is a little brown for my liking too but that will be a personal taste thing I think.

Lots of really relaxed looking images though and if they weren't all that comfortable then you did great job in putting them at ease!

Thanks Andy. When you say it got repetitive is that down to number of images or that you felt like there were too many similar crops, poses and/or techniques?

Working on being a little more selective with regards to blogging - it's hard. And yeah, I'm not a fan of bright images with pastel tones but that's just personal preference.

Thanks Andy. When you say it got repetitive is that down to number of images or that you felt like there were too many similar crops, poses and/or techniques?

Working on being a little more selective with regards to blogging - it's hard. And yeah, I'm not a fan of bright images with pastel tones but that's just personal preference.

I think there is enough variation there for a shorter blog post but yeah after a while it seemed to just get a bit samey… I don't think that's due to a lack of different poses or crops etc just that there are too many images in the blog post making it look a little samey if hat makes sense? I think the number of images you've used would make most people's blog post look samey so its not your skill I think is an issue just over blogging. I stick way to many images on my blogs too so it's probably a case of glass houses and all that truth be told :D

It's a nice e-shoot for sure, the processing is something of an acquired taste I think but it's distinctive and consistent. When I was looking through these earlier today I was in agreement with Andy about the volume of photos but there seems to be less now? There are still a few that I don't think add anything to the set and could be left out, but overall it's a lovely set full of warmth between the couple.

I think there is enough variation there for a shorter blog post but yeah after a while it seemed to just get a bit samey… I don't think that's due to a lack of different poses or crops etc just that there are too many images in the blog post making it look a little samey if hat makes sense? I think the number of images you've used would make most people's blog post look samey so its not your skill I think is an issue just over blogging. I stick way to many images on my blogs too so it's probably a case of glass houses and all that truth be told :D

Cheers for the feedback, I'll take a look. We're all guilty of it, it's hard a thing to get right!

It's a nice e-shoot for sure, the processing is something of an acquired taste I think but it's distinctive and consistent. When I was looking through these earlier today I was in agreement with Andy about the volume of photos but there seems to be less now? There are still a few that I don't think add anything to the set and could be left out, but overall it's a lovely set full of warmth between the couple.

Thanks.

Still the same amount - haven't been through to remove some yet.

Back