Tonights sunset

Hi Gordon
Nice shot.
Think you could make a little more of it.
I dropped it into PS and pulled the curve down a little and thought it looked a lot better.

Thats very nice, lovely sky.

I could tell it was a HDR as soon as i saw it. I think the grass is a bit green. I've had a play with it too but i don't know how to post the result. I desaturated the grass slighty and pulled the curve down a bit and it looks loads better. What the HDR does is add more light to the image so pulling the curve down gives it more dark golden sunsetty feel :)

Last edited:
It's a lovely picture. But doesnt look "real" to me... sorry that's not really constructive but I'm not too great with Photoshop :confused:

It's a lovely picture. But doesnt look "real" to me... sorry that's not really constructive but I'm not too great with Photoshop :confused:

Do you not think that's the beauty of it ***?

i still prefer the first one, it looks very unique!

It will be interesting to see them printed... the second version is more moody, but the first more simple... I may opt for the middle ground and only desaturate the grass when printing... will see!

the second image shows the light shining on the grassy bank and shows the low shadows on the grass. No2 for me , although i'de be pretty chuffed with either if i took them!

I prefer the first one.............an excellent shot(y)

I've walked past this place literally hundreds of times over the years, but never gave it a second look (and I can't remember ever being there at sunset):bang:

i cant make my mind up between the 2 so maybe a middle ground image might be helpful....

I like both but the first has it for me - the second one is still good but not quite as alluring....

Back